Esther's arrival

spicyorange

Reaction score
I was due on 28th Aug and was sure she was going to be late. Midwife appointment on 22nd indicated she was 3/5th engaged but no real sign if anything happening sooner.
In the early hours of 24th I had a bloody show but was trying but to get too excited knowing it could still be days away.
On Saturday 24th we did normal things, went shopping etc, booked that s/he could be here soon but didn't really expect it as I'd had no Braxton hicks, no early indications if any kind.
Later in the day I had a dull backache like early period ache so I had a bath about 6pm. When I was in the bath I had a few contractions, they were very slight and I wasn't even sure that's what they were expecting this was likey to be false alarm and stop but they didn't and things got stronger and more frequent until I determined this really could be it!

I phoned triage at 1am because they were 40 seconds and roughly every 5 minutes but they told me to stay at home and call back when they were longer

3am I was struggling with the pain so phoned back and went in to be assessed, was 2cm, so sent home to progress more.

Went back at 8am with stronger contractions and was admitted to the birth centre which was lovely. Big room, lots of space, very relaxing.

At 11am despite lots of contractions I was still only 2cm, and things had allowed right down so had a sweep and we went for a walk up a big hill behind the hospital.

Things increased after that and I felt a gush so thought my waters had gone.

By 4pm I was in the pool contracting hard but baby's heart rate was climbing, so they for me out the pool and assessed me again I was only 3cm. I was gutted.

Because of her heart rate had finre up they needed to continuously monitor her. They funds my waters actually hadn't gone so they broke my waters and sent me to the labour suite where I was confined to the bed and not very happy! lying on my back I was in agony so i asked for more pain relief. I was given gas and air but it made me feel sick and didn't help the pain so decided I wanted an epidural. I felt like I had failed, I wanted to go natural but the changer in environment has shaken my resolve and the pain was so bad I was falling apart.
They said they works send someone to do the epi as soon add they were out of surgery, but they had no idea how long I woulda have to wait.

Time passed and I was in agony screaming. They gave me a saline drop to try and stabilise baby's heart rate although they made such a meal or if getting it in and sprayed blood everywhere and it keep coming loose.
One if the monitors was also loose so they wanted Dh to hold it on but I wanted him to hold my hands!

At some points I became aware of lots of medical staff looking contented at my charts and talks of me going to a c section.

Then I had this weird sensation, it felt like pushing but as it was only about 2hrs since I was 3cm I never thought I could be close!

But sure enough my body was pushing. They examined me and told me I was 9cm and not to push. But I didn't have that sort of control, my body was pushing. The next bit is but of a blur, I think at some point they gave me 'permission' to push and I started pushing. I realised at this point I wasn't going to get my epidural!

They started talking about having to give me a cut to get her out and maybe even forecepts because her heart rate was very high. But I pushed with everything I had even though I could feel myself tear down there and at 7.25pm on Sunday 25th August my little girl was born.

I did tear but only 2nd degree so nothing major so they did my stiches there and the gas and air was great for that!!

She was 7lb2 and we called her Esther Grace. I stayed in hospital that night and went home at 4pm the next day very much in love.

Attachments

• 20150825_203326_resized.jpg
    20150825_203326_resized.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 55
She's beautiful, lovely name too, huge congratulations x

Popping in to say hello and congratulations again. I adore her name, it's so elegant.

Congrats spicy, esther is beautiful x

I know I'm a little late, but wanted to wish you a big congratulations! We were in the same TTC group such a short time ago, and now here you are, a mum! All the best. :flower:

Congratulations! Hope you're recovering well. She's beautiful! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->