• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Eurghhh - not again! Baby blues turning nasty

aimee-lou

Totally Outnumbered!!
Reaction score
Ok, I'm going to admit defeat. I need to get up to the Doctors (will make an appointment for today I think) -

Feeling tearful virtually every day for various reasons, mostly small and insignificant reasons - this morning because of how much cleaning I have to do, yesterday because I had 3 crying children simultaneously lol.

Feeling really anti-social. I don't want visitors, I don't want to go to my appointments, I don't want to go shopping. I want to go inside my 4 walls and stay there! Anyone saying they want to come and see us or that I need to see them is making me feel awful and useless.

Shaky and generally really nervous - slightest thing sets me off with anxiety.

These are not nice feelings and I'm starting to feel guilty for having to spend time with one child over the other 2, and not spending enough time with any of them, especially Charlie.

My emotions are holding me to ransom and that's not allowed. I said if I got 3 days of feeling this way I'd go and get myself sorted....and this is day 3. No more!!!!!

I had all this when I first had depression, and again after Eddy was born. I waited until he was 3 weeks old to get it sorted out and it was horrid. Not again! Never again! This is the last time I'll ever have a newborn and I'm not going to allow some stupid blues stop me being a good mum, or a stable human being!

Big hugs lovely, it's shit isn't it!
I had it bad this time with phoebe, the GP diagnosed PND but I haven't taken the AD's, and am actually feeling better as the weeks go by (she's 9 weeks now). You have so much on your plate with little help right now so it's not surprising you feel this way.
Tell the GP and get yourself right, you want to enjoy this time, not regret anything.
PM me if you need a chat or a rant or just a bloody good cry
Xxxxxxx

Thank you for this post! I have a 14 month old son and finally only recently went to the doctors to get help. I started seeing a psychologist and she insists that I have PND and severe anxiety. I haven't said a word about how I feel to anyone other than my OH and my sister. She said I should get on ADs but I really don't want to.

I went back to work when my son was 6 months because I just couldn't handle being at home anymore and cleaning and I was so lonely. I cried all the time and would call my OH just to get angry about anything and everything. I still feel anti social and dread having to go to social things but do usually enjoy myself when I go.

It's such a horrible thing but its nice to know I'm not alone

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"