Eva-Jane Birth story 23/12/10

YoungNImum

Mum to 2 and expecting
Reaction score
This is the birth story of my wee women.

I woke around 1ish in the morning to go to the toilet, but when i came back to bed i just couldnt get back to sleep as i had a niggly pain in my lower back which id never felt before, so i lay for ages an it clicked this pain was contractions, but my baby was going to be three days early, so i nudged Oh and said "i think im in labour im having contraction" his reply bless him was "will i have time to go to the toilet" so i lay with him for a while and i was just really fidgty, so i got up and went to my mums room (we stayed with my parents the week i was due as my dad was riving us to the hospital) and woke her sayin i think i was havin contractions she felt my belly n stuff and said she would ring the hospital for me.

When my mum came of the phone, she said they wonted me to go up to hospital. so Oh texted all the family to let them no. I hadnt packed my bag but id made a list of what i needed to put in it, so my mum n OH packed it for me till i got myself sorted. My mum woke up dad and we got in the car and where on our way to the hospital.

Once i got to the hospital, my dad waited in the car till we knew what was going to happen. Once i got seen MW asked for a urine sample, an she put me on the monitor and then the MW came and said i wasnt in labour, and i wouldnt be having my baby that it (yellow bump) would be born on its due date an not three days early, i was shocked at first because i thought id have to stick the pain in my back for another 3days. The mw done n internal and a sweep at the same time, Which was very painful, she then told me i was only 1cm dilated and told me id be going back home, the MW wished me luck an sent us back home.

OH and dad wonted to get Mcdonalds even tho it was really early in the morning, i got a egg n bacon thing. we got home and i tryed to eat it but as soon as id eaten half i just brought it all back up and decided to try an get some sleep an my mum gave me a hot water bottle to try n ease the pain, but i just couldnt sleep because i was getting contractions every 4mins and noway could i sleep through them, i was like a jack in the box everyime i got one, so OH spelt on the sofa plus i was being sick and i dont think he wonted it all over him lol

Cant remember what time my mum came in but she said her an my dad where going to buy a turkey for x-mas dinner, by this time id started doing abit of moaning with every contraction so my mum suggested i got in the bath. I got up and sat at the kitchen table for a while and then thought maybe a bath would help. Oh ran the bath and sat with me, he kept running the taps when i wonted more hot water.

Then a knock came to the door just as i was getting out of the bath and it was my twin sister with her LO. she came to sit with me for awhile. Bless her LO i was moaning alot more at this stage an he was just looking at me for ages and then he started to join in lol

Once my mum and dad got back, i just said to OH i need to go to the hospital again, the pain was alot worse and i wasnt sure i could stick it at home much longer.

Once again we got in the car and got to the hospital and was seen by a different MW and she asked could i do a urine sample again but i just couldnt pee, but once i got up of the toilet i felt something running down my leg. I told her i couldnt pee but something ran down my leg once i got of the toilet, and she said that my waters had broke, and she needed to see how many cm i was. So i got back on the bed moaning the whole time from when i got to the hospital she said she knew i was in labour. after she finished she told mei was 8cm and needed to get me to a room.

she took me the back way because she said she didnt wont me scarin the people in the waiting room :blush: i didnt think i was to loud haha but i was clinging to the wall the whole way there. Soon as we got the the room we had another MW and i wonted a water birth so she started to fiil the birthing pool got on the bed and i got another contraction but i felt the need to push and the pushing began so i was giving the Gas &air.

The mw told me to hang over the top of the bed and got my orange juice with an extra spoonful of sugar as id been sick id nothing in my stomach and she said it would keep my sugar levels up. she asked did i wont to get in the pool but i was doing so well on the bed i just said no. Oh kept rubbing my back and was great.

MW was getting everything ready for the baby coming, and then switched with another MW as she was going of duty. She asked me to turn and la on the bed but high up on the bed she said it would help bring abby downn, next thing she told me she could see the head an did i wont to feel, i felt the head and just wonted to push. After a feww good pushs Babys head came out and she asked did i wont to watch the birth i didnt really no what she ment but i said yea, so she pushed the bed upto a long mirror on the wall and i got to see it all.

As soon as my baby was born i asked what it was, i had a girl and i just couldnt stop looking at her she was mine id given birth to a girl. OH was just amazed as he watched the whole thing. i couldnt believe she had grown inside of me for 9 month. She weighed 5lb 12oz and was 49cm long, she was my wee dolly! we had picked names for both boy and girl, bu her name came from my Oh;s granma and mine first names, so Eva-Jane is her name :D

Wow what a beautiful story! and what a gorgeous baby!

Thanks!
i have added abit more at he end as my hands where gettin sore last night lol

can anyone tell me how it shows up just birth story instead of the link.
thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"