Even more worried now :(

LJ88

Reaction score
Hi all. Can I please have some advice? Feeling quite down and worried.

I had been worried about this pregnancy from the start as it had been quite painful so booked in an early scan to put my mind at rest :-/
Well that didn't quite work out! :(

My last period was 12th sept (would have put me at 7 +2 on day of scan). But periods have been slightly irregular.

The scan showed nothing so I had to have an internal scan. This showed a sac and nothing else. :(

The woman doing the scan said I could just be less gone (less than 6weeks).
However, I had spotting on 30th Sept which I assumed to be implantation bleeding (which would make the 7+2 date correct).
This panicked me in itself but if I put it down to ovulation bleeding it could make more sense.
However the earliest I can make my pregnancy is 6+3.
And having googled the size of my sac (12.3mm) I should be about 6 weeks.

Should I be worried that there was nothing there yet? :'(

(The reason I haven't made my ovulation day the exact time of bleeding is I read it often happens a couple of days before and I'm pretty sure u felt myself ovulate on the 2nd - have always felt it in the past too) x

I have no advice just wanted to wish you luck and I hope at your next scan you see bub :)

Thank u. So much waiting in early pregnancy x

In a similar situation. Had a scan, 15mm, couldn't see a bub.

My tech didn't seem bothered or worried at all and told me not to worry. I don't know for sure what's happening for your situation, but there could be a few reasons you're not seeing anything.

I hope things turn out for you. I feel for you, I know what you're going through. <3

With my son according to my dates I was supposed to be 8 weeks at my ultrasound. They dated me at a couple days over 6 weeks.. Which means if I was scanned in what I thought was my 7th week we wouldn't have seen anything. Hopefully same case for you and you are just earlier than you think

Thank you both for your reply. Been looking over the picture and report today (which has made me feel worse! Oops-I've put them away now)
But it did say Yolk sac -present. So I guess that's something?

My tech also didn't seem too worried but has said I need another scan in 2 weeks... Amaryllis do you have to go back soon?

Fingers crossed for both of us. Trying to stay Positive x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->