Evening primrose oil or mucus plug?

VickyLou

1 beautiful little lady.
Reaction score
I started taking 1000mg evening primrose oil orally on Monday. I gad t noticed much all week other than a dull period pain for a few hours after I've had it.
Lastnight I took one orally and inserted one. Again I had dull period pains and I also felt wet down below. So after 2 hours I went to the loo hoping it would of dissolved by now. When I wiped there's was lots of stringy mucus like CM when you ovulate, clear and watery but can be stretched between your fingers if that makes sense.

So was it bits of my plug or EPO? Surely EPO would be greasy looking and not stretchy and would just come out not just when I wipe?

Oh and before anyone judges me. I just want to say I'm only inserting so early as I'm being induced in2 weeks but they won't induce if my cervix isnt soft enough so I'm hoping this will help.

Thank you

No judging. Didn't want to read and run. I've never done it vaginally so I don't have an answer. But I have noticed an increase in mucus the past couple weeks. So maybe it's normal at this stage.

I think that sounds more like normal end of pregnancy discharge to me.. It's quite obvious when it's your plug, it's like chunks of jelly!

No judging. Didn't want to read and run. I've never done it vaginally so I don't have an answer. But I have noticed an increase in mucus the past couple weeks. So maybe it's normal at this stage.

I haven't noticed any mucus yet (apart from early pregnancy when I lost my plug) until lastnight after using the EPO. It's strange the things our bodies go through

I think that sounds more like normal end of pregnancy discharge to me.. It's quite obvious when it's your plug, it's like chunks of jelly!

I lost my plug in early pregnancy, that was very thick and lumpy so I know what it's like. This lastnight was defo different, like I said almost like id just ovulated. Disappointed now lol.thought it was the start of my plug. Ah well. Thank you

deffo sounds like normal CM hun as EPO helps increase it when taken orally. Good luck with the induction hun. Ill be doing the same as you but im racing the induction/section.. i want to go natural xx

deffo sounds like normal CM hun as EPO helps increase it when taken orally. Good luck with the induction hun. Ill be doing the same as you but im racing the induction/section.. i want to go natural xx

I'd prefer to go natural too but I can't see it happening before then. My consultant is concerned about her growth and her movements cause there is no pattern. I'll try and get my body to go natural before then but I just can't see it. Xx

I second what was said before...I took EPO when TTC to help with CM, so I can see why you might be getting more discharge. My OB actually asked me at my last appt if I was getting an increase in discharge (I'm about a week ahead of you) and she was pleased when I told her yes. So...I wouldn't be too disappointed, it means your body is doing something :)

Good luck!

I second what was said before...I took EPO when TTC to help with CM, so I can see why you might be getting more discharge. My OB actually asked me at my last appt if I was getting an increase in discharge (I'm about a week ahead of you) and she was pleased when I told her yes. So...I wouldn't be too disappointed, it means your body is doing something :)

Good luck!

I'm happy if the EPO is fling something then. If the excess discharge is good then that's all that matters. Thank you.

pineapple when you get closer to it hun :) My friend did RLT and pinneaple and went naturally at 38 weeks xx

pineapple when you get closer to it hun :) My friend did RLT and pinneaple and went naturally at 38 weeks xx

I'll give it a go. I'm not a lover of pineapple but it's worth a shot. Thanks hun xx

yeah im the same. Anything is worth a shot. Ill be doing RLT and EPO and then pinneaple from 36 weeks xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->