Ever though what the 2 week wait will be like?

calm

Reaction score
Especially directed to those who have never TTC.

I mean in my case, there hasn't been an accident of any kind, we have always been very careful with the condoms, and if they do split as they must do from what cinnamum told us, they have never split on me (worse the luck hehe)

So, I don't have any idea what it is like to be thinking: what if I am pregnant... I have no idea what it is like to symptom spot. ( I also don't know what it is like to feel the disappointment when the witch comes, don't think I am looking forward to that one)

I can't help really wanting this 2 week wait, the excitement, the symptom spotting (hope not to get too obsessed come the time), but that very first virgen time that I wait, I imagine it sometimes, and it just seems like Christmas and Birthday rolled into one. As for imagining peeing on a stick and getting 2 pink likes, well, that I imagine will be just... :cloud9:

I haven't really, mainly because as it will sort of always be like a 2 week wait for us as we dont know when I OV so we will never really know when we would have been able to catch if that makes sense.

We will just test every few weeks and see how we go so I guess it is a little bit different for us!

xxx

I thi nk it it a time of much heightened nervousity, I think though that the first weeks of a pregnancy could be even worse because you know that you have it, but you don't know if it stays.

I haven't really, mainly because as it will sort of always be like a 2 week wait for us as we dont know when I OV so we will never really know when we would have been able to catch if that makes sense.

We will just test every few weeks and see how we go so I guess it is a little bit different for us!

xxx

When we start to TCT i want to NTNP as you, as I think it is more relaxed and natural. If nothing happens after 4 to 6 months, then I would start all the other stuff.

I dunno i plan on NTNP for the first 6m so i am just going to see what happens, Hopefully ill get pg in the first 6m but if i dont i tink the 2ww will do my nut in.

I just figured the 2 week wait would be like 2 years lol, it will go so slow with lots of sympton spotting. I cant wait actually, lots of excitment x

I thi nk it it a time of much heightened nervousity, I think though that the first weeks of a pregnancy could be even worse because you know that you have it, but you don't know if it stays.

Yes, I get the feeling I will get paranoid, not wanting to sneeze hardly. Really silly though, as nothing we do or don't do (in sensible terms) will make a bean stick if it not meant to be. But yes, I will be ever so nervous then. I must say it (without going through, just by imagining) I think I could more or less cope having a mcc at 1 or 2 months, but 5 months +, buf, it worries me that I could cope with that one...

So for me the 2 week wait, would be waiting the 2 weeks before my period should come. Would have no idea if I ovulated or not or when. But when the time started ticking towards my period, hum, just knowing that it is possible that I am, I just can't imagine anything, and i mean ANYTHING, quite as exciting!!!!!!

I thought the first couple of times in the 2WW would be exciting, but in reality I was upset, obsessing and genuinely a bit heartbroken when I got my BFN. I am not looking forward to going through it every month.

I thought the first couple of times in the 2WW would be exciting, but in reality I was upset, obsessing and genuinely a bit heartbroken when I got my BFN. I am not looking forward to going through it every month.

Yeah, I suppose so :-(

I just figured the 2 week wait would be like 2 years lol, it will go so slow with lots of sympton spotting. I cant wait actually, lots of excitment x

If im being this impatiant(sp?) in this 2 year wait the 2ww theoreticly the 2ww should be a breaze

My wait has felt like forever, the time we can TTC seems to be drawing closer.
I agree, the 2WW should seema a doddle after waiting for years!

xx

I think thats why I get so excited and love reading about people's 2 week wait, I live it with them. But many a time a hundred for sure pregnant symptoms come to nothing, and then the heartbreak, and then I suppose, not so fun anymore :(

i'm not looking forward to the disappointment and heartache. I'm also really worried about stupid things like being infertile... i know i'll probably be ok, but in the back of your mind, you want something so bad, i think it would be my luck. Does anyone know what i mean?

xx

i'm not looking forward to the disappointment and heartache. I'm also really worried about stupid things like being infertile... i know i'll probably be ok, but in the back of your mind, you want something so bad, i think it would be my luck. Does anyone know what i mean?

xx

I think every single person here that is WTT thinks the same as you about what if I am infertile or not being able to conceive. It is a very common worry, and usually we have no real reason to think such a thing could happen. But we do, I suppose because we want it so much and are worried its going to be taken away from us, maybe as a way of preparing ourselves "just in case" as we anticipate the terrible blow.

I have imagined the 2WW...I think it will be sooo exciting but then again if nothing happened I can see where the heartbreak would come from...especially if it takes awhile after TTC...good luck!!

Im excited, Jasmine was not planned so I didnt think about being pregnant until long after my missed period.... The next one will be fun I think!

i know this was only directed at the people who havnt TTC before- but the two week wait feels like a month, and you obsess wth every twinge, every cervical mucus change, every time you break wind (im being serious) its the most exciting time ever, i even started talking to my belly (yes i know im a freak) and yet there was nothing ever there (although i think i had a chemical pregnancy once) so in answer to your question, its so exciting :-D and very worth the wait when you see the two pink lines (although my mate was tryign for 6 years, got the pink lines and her exact words were..."ye...I should bloody well think so too....took ya time didn't ya??" hahaha :rofl:

I know this is directed to those who hadn't TTC before - but I just wanted to wish you girls new to TTC the best of luck when your time comes. I hope you all get speedy BFPs and that the 2WW flies by (although for some it is less than 2 weeks - I have heard of people getting a BFP in 8 days po - I got really strong lines with Tristan at 11 days po).

The 2WW is such a mixture of excitement and nerves. I started TTC in September 2007, got pregnant in November which unfortunately ended in an early miscarriage, had a break in December and got pregnant with my son in January 2008. I will never forget the first month of TTCing though - I was convinced I was pregnant and started having 'symptoms' at about 2 days in!!! I googled it hoping that it would mean that it was conclusive evidence of pregnancy! I wandered around work, feeling sick, headaches, bloating etc etc. I was so disappointed when my period came. However, I knew it could take months before a BFP, so it wasn't so bad. When I did get pregnant, I did get one symptom that I had never had before - really sore, tingling nipples. Normally, before AF comes, I get achey boobs but never sensitive nipples - so when I got pregnant with Tristan and this happened again, I just knew. Although, it was still quite surprising getting that 'pregnant' on the CBdigital - especially one month back trying again.

It is such an exciting time girls - I think for the hubbies as well as they are guaranteed almost limitless sex for a while!!!

Good luck!

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"