Every wedding I go to......

supertabby

Reaction score
I always struggle finding a nice dress for wearing as a wedding guest, as I'm not very comfortable with my body shape so get picky about style. Every single time I always seem to find the perfect dress but in the colour of the wedding (or white!) so obviously can't buy it.

I'm going to a wedding this summer and started looking early as I'll still be bf (hopefully) so even trickier. I found one I liked. It's blue. The invite has arrived. It's blue. Argggghhh!

No one's fault of course and to clarify I'm not moaning about the bride's choice, just sod's law!

:hugs: Dressing for things like weddings sucks! I really don't think the bride would care if you wore the same colour as her scheme, and she probably wouldn't even notice! You could always ask her if she has any colours she'd prefer guests to steer clear of and see what she says?

I wore a blue dress at the weekend to a 'blue' wedding and it was fine! The odds of you turning up in the same dress as the bridesmaids is slim, especially if you're dressing to bf.

Im getting married in July and wouldnt mind if someone turned up in our colour as long as it wasnt similar to bm dresses. Id find out what style they are going for.

I wore the same colour by the bridesmaids by accident once and it was ok mine was knee length linen and theirs were floor length satin.

Most bridesmaids dresses look bridesmaidy so if your dress if different it'll be fine.

Enjoy the wedding :)

I've worn the same colour as the wedding party to a wedding before and it's fine.

When I got married I didn't notice what anyone was wearing including the 2 members of my family 40 years apart in age wearing the same dress!

My aunt wore red to my wedding when my colour scheme was claret, and I didn't even notice until she pointed it out, she apologised for wearing a similar colour to my scheme, and I of course told her not to be silly, she looked lovely in her outfit, I didn't mind a bit.

I've just bought a gorgeous dress from Coast for DS2's christening, it's really fitted, shows off my boobs (but covered) and nips in my waist and tummy, but hides my wobbly bits! I'm not sure what your body shape is, I have big boobs, flattish tummy but carry my weight around my hips so I do well with an empire line and then wide straps so I can wear a normal bra, there seems to be a lot in this style at the moment. I find Debenhams the best for dress shopping as you can grab a load from different designers but try them all on at once, that's how I got my coast dress.

But yeah I would wear blue too if you liked it :)

I hate dressing up in general for anything, so I know how you feel. Thankfully I hardly ever get invited to weddings! I guess I don't have too many friends. :(

Honestly if someone wore a dress that matched my wedding colors I didn't notice. We had major traffic problems and the whole thing was rushed among other problems and I certainly wasn't paying any attention to people's outfits and wouldn't have cared anyway.

Before reading this I would never have known in a million years that you can't wear the colour of the wedding theme!! I mean not all invites make that clear at all, my brother got married a couple of weeks ago and the invite was on Brown card with cream paper inside but their theme wasn't brown! So a lot of the time you don't even know, so it can't be that big a deal. I honestly don't think it matters and I seriously can't imagine any bride minding. Just get the dress you are comfortable with especially as you are bf. Xx

I hear you!

I've never been to a wedding before and going to my first once this summer. I am absolutely dreading it because I despise dresses as I too am not comfortable with my figure. I really hate my legs - more my knees than anything so i'm not looking forward to outfit shopping at all. I'm short as well so any dresses I try on always make me look stumpy anyway :dohh:

If I had my way, I would save myself the drama and not go at all :lol: (I don't even know the couple getting married).

I'm getting married in August & I wouldn't mind if my guests turned up in my colour scheme. I think the only guest that it would maybe bother me would be like my mum as she will be in the family pictures & might look a bit odd next to the bridesmaids. White (as in pure white) on the other hand would probably annoy me but that's just me lol. I agree with a PP you could just ask her what colours to avoid just in case xx

I got married in a Lord of the Rings inspired, medieval wedding dress so I wasn't too worried about people matching me ;) Likewise, my bridesmaids were in medieval dresses. I wouldn't have minded if someone wore the same colour as them though - my theme was very Autumnal as the wedding was in November so it wouldn't have been a surprise if people turned up in those colours.

I hear you!

I've never been to a wedding before and going to my first once this summer. I am absolutely dreading it because I despise dresses as I too am not comfortable with my figure. I really hate my legs - more my knees than anything so i'm not looking forward to outfit shopping at all. I'm short as well so any dresses I try on always make me look stumpy anyway :dohh:

If I had my way, I would save myself the drama and not go at all :lol: (I don't even know the couple getting married).

What about a maxi dress. They look dressy for weddings, would cover all your legs and would be nice for the summer. There are loads of styles so you could pick something to suit your top half. Or wear a (trouser) suit if you don't fancy a dress.

Im getting married in July and it wouldnt bother me if someone turned up in a baby pink dress as i know i will be to busy to notice:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->