Everyones getting married, except me :(

beth_terri

Reaction score
Lol

On my facebook I don't have loads of friends. I only have people that I genuinely know and would chat to. And just lately everyone is having babies then getting engaged!!

They've all been together less than me and my oh... so why wont mine pop the question :(

I feel a bit sad haha. We've been together 5 and a half years, have 2 children together but no, he doesn't want to marry me...

Same thing here. Marriage. Babies. Marriage. Babies. And I doubt I'll ever be married. I want the marriage I choose, not one I was told to have. But the guy I am with says he never wants to be married again.

His ex-wife really did a number on him.

I'm sorry yours won't marry you.

I'll probably never get married either. I'm starting to get used to the fact it ain't gonna happen.

Have you ever talked about it or are you just waiting to be asked?

I think a lot of blokes would think "we've got kids, we live together, we're practically married anyway, no point wasting a load of money on a big wedding" yet if they knew it mattered to their other half they'd be down that aisle no problem.

Maybe you should get down on one knee yourself? :)

i got tired of waiting for my oh to ask me so I decided to bring it up last march and ask him myself.....wedding is 2 yrs from now!!

My oh swore he was never getting married again. He didn't believe in it and didn't see the point. His last marriage ended v badly. I had got used to the fact we were never going to get married! However he surprised me by getting down on one knee Christmas morning 2011 answer we are getting married in 4 weeks! He might surprise you one day...

I'm waiting for him to ask. We talked about it when he was in the army and he use to say he didn't want to get married for a house and because that's what soldiers do. He always said he wanted to get married because he wanted to not because he had to. He left the army in January.

I've shown him dress pictures or cake pictures and tell him I want a dress like that or cake like that just jokingly and he will laugh saying gotta find someone to marry first.

You could ask him, I kinda told hubby we were getting married he didn't have a choice lol

I'm not getting married either! We have been together 5 years with two kids as well!
Would you consider proposing to him?
Anyway it leaves you more time to really plan your scrapbook / pinterest boards of wedding ideas and be able to know exactly what you want when the time comes!

Don't mention anything to do with weddings for a while...! He needs to decide he wants to. In my experience keep on about it does not work...

I think, sometimes, we need to plant the seed- then walk away and let it grow. Not literally of course- but maybe good to have a serious talk about what you need- instead of dropping "hints' simply tell him straight up how important it is to you and why- ask that he just listen- no response or input-- then say you want him to think about it and see what makes sense for him. No pressure... I wouldn't bring it up again for some time then and see what happens. IDK. The ONLY real agrument my hubby and I got into was before I moved it- I point blank said, I'm not moving in till your ready to put marriage on the table- he'd gone through a bunch of crap with his ex and had built up some walls for sure- and with him having his daughter full time, it was very hard for him to let down that wall and know that things could be different... we also went to counseling before I moved in. And the counselor made some good points to him also. in time, he came to realize it was HIS issue and he moved past it and we got engaged months after I moved in. But I was very honest and open with what I needed... I know it's not the same, we werer only dating and not living together with kids- at the time... but I think sometimes men just need to KNOW how we feel, then take the time to come to the right conclusion on their own. It seems so silly that a legal document can cause such riff- lol, on either side... but it does. So that is my two cents at least. Always do what makes sense for you :)

We av been together 5 years in august and was to get married feb gone but had to cancel cus ohs sister was getting married so ohs couldnt help both of us to be fair she did book hers first but she was having a fancy big wedding so was costing ohs parents thousands. We av jsut set a date for 11th october next year so would be together 6 years. I thought we would be married by now. My friend has been with her ohs for 13 years and they aint even engaged

Whatever you do don't do what I did, badgered my OH for months and months till he eventually gave in and agreed to marry me!

Totally regret it now because I didn't get the nice proposal that all my friends got, instead of him choosing the ring I went with him and picked a cheaper ring than he would have picked but worst of all he has never let me live it down- always says things like it was your idea to het married; you got the wedding you wanted; etc.. :dohh:

Beth, Baz did exactly the same thing to me and 3 days before he proposed he had a massive go at me for talking about it I was starting to think it would never happen. Then he proposed and had apparently been planning it for almost 6 months. You never know x

I dropped hints a year or so ago and it lead n-o-w-h-e-r-e!!!!

Last summer I cut out the dropping hints crap and just talked to him on a serious note. I told him I wanted to get married last fall but knew that was unrealistic since it was only a few months from when we were talking. So I said next summer is what we're aiming for and he paused and said, yeah, the vineyards will be nice a green. (He knew I wanted a vineyard wedding). And we're getting married in 59 days.

Men can be a little (ok a lot) dense - they need you to tell it to them straight. You can leave all the magazines out you want, and I'd bet 8/10 times they'll not even realize or it won't register in the mind what you're trying to do.

But if he's not for marriage, or its not even something he's thinking about - you might want to know that now. :hugs:

I've been with my oh for 9 years, have 2 children together and we're not engaged. He says he was going to propose on my 21st birthday, asked my dad for permission and everything, but I didn't know and arranged a family party for when he was going to take me out to pop the question. He now says that I missed my chance lol. If he doesn't ask me on my 30th (I'm 27 now) then I guess it will never happen. I'm not asking him, I want the romance lol.

I gave my then-boyfriend my family diamond ring and told him I was ready to get married. When he was ready too, I asked that he resize that ring and give it back. He did so a couple months later on our four-year anniversary. Had I not done that, likely I'd still be waiting as my husband is not a man of action in that regard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->