Evie Grace Lee arrived early!

MUMOF5

Now a mum of 6!
Reaction score
Hi, my beautiful baby girl arrived on 31 December 2008 at 12.22pm, weighing a tiny 3lb 12oz.

Story as follows:

I started to lose my 'show' on Christmas Day, and on Sunday it turned bloody, so I telephoned the hospital, and they requested that I go up there to be checked. As some of you may remember, I was unhappy with the quick and unhelpful manner of the doctor, who told me that it wasnt my show and was probably due to cervical erosion. Well on the Monday night I had a bit of an ache low under my bump, I went to bed as usual, and at 3,20am I got up to go to the loo when my waters broke.

We went into hospital and I was examined in labour ward, who confirmed my waters had gone. At that point there was no contractions, so they put me on antibiotics and admitted me to the ward.

Once the consultant did her rounds it was decided that if the baby showed any signs of distress then I was to be induced immediately, if not then they would induce labour on the Wednedsay ( New Years Eve).

Throughout the Tuesday night I was getting contractions, although they were irregular and were not showing up on the monitor for some reason?!.

At 10.15am on Wednesday I was taken to labour ward to be induced, I was given IV antibiotics first, then at 11.15am they started the syntocinin drip, the contractions started immediately, as did the tension in the room, as the babys heart started to drop dramatically with each contraction, so the doctor was called, who said that if I didnt get her out asap then I would need an emergency caesarean, that was enough to get me focused, and at 12.22pm Evie Grace was born with the cord wrapped around her little neck. the paediatricians were present due to the fact that she was 6 weeks early and small. She only needed a little oxygen shortly after birth, then I was able to cuddle her for about 5 mins before they took her off to special care.

I was given a drip to contract my uterus, as I was a 'multiple mum', I was apparently more at risk of bleeding too much after birth, but it was as if i was still in labour, and I was still needing the gas and air for over 2 hours after I delivered her, as the pain was so bad. eventually they decided to stop the drip, as they could see the pain it was causing me. The relief was almost instant. After 5 mins of the drip stopping I was up, washing and dressing myself! I stayed in hopsital until Friday lunchtime, although they were going to discharge me on Thursday, I begged them to let me stay one more night to be closer to Evie on the Special Care unit.

I can honestly say that although she was the smallest of my babies by far, it was the most painful and stressful labour I have had. She is still in Special care, but is doing really well, and hopefully in couple of days will be out of the Intensive Care room.

The hardest thing has been coming home without her, when we were in the car coming home, we got to the end of our road and I just burst out crying, I felt so wrong coming home and not having her with me. Hopefully in a couple of weeks I will get my little Evie home with us where she belongs. Thanks for taking the time to read my birth story, and all I can say is that if you feel that something is not quite right with your pregnancy/baby etc then voice your concerns and get them checked out. If I hadnt kicked up a stink to get another scan done, they wouldnt have known that she was as small as she was, she wouldnt have got the steroids and if she had been born without them she could be in a lot worse a way than she is now. Trust your instincts. xx

Congratulations, I hope Evie is home with you very soon xXx

congrats hun, i hope things are just the way you want them real soon, you must be so proud xx

Congrats hope she comes home soon xxx

Congratulations, i hope you get evie home soon

Congratulations and well done - I am sure she will be home very soon!

Congratulations on the birth of your little girl.
I hope she is home for you very soon hun xx

Congratulations hun! I'm sure it wont be too much longer until your little girl is home with you :hugs:

Congratulations. I hope Evie is home with you soon x

congratulations i hope she will be home with you soon

Congratulations & I hope she will be able to come home soon xxx

congrats on your little girl , I hope she gets big and comes home soon . xx .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->