EWCM all dried up by OV?

deductivemom

Cautiously expecting #1
Reaction score
This is month 6 of TTC for me and I've started to worry about my cervical mucus. I had a chemical pregnancy on month #2 but since then nothing. Before I went on the pill I noticed tons of fertile-looking mucus during a normal cycle (not that I cared at the time), but since going off the pill I've had much less CM of any kind and it's mostly been sticky.

A couple of days ago I was very excited to see a glob of EWCM and it was right around the time of expected ovulation. But clearly O is delayed this month and I am just getting a positive OPK today (usually I don't O until at least the day after the positive test). And, more worrisome, the EWCM has pretty much all dried up. If I search I can find a bit of watery or maybe creamy CM but nothing nearly as exciting as I saw on Monday.

Now if I don't O until tonight or tomorrow, I'm worried the poor little spermies will have nothing to swim around in (DH and I DTD pretty much every day from CD 10 until confirmed O). Maybe a few tough guys will still be alive from Monday, but that seems doubtful the longer my body waits around to O.

Anyone have experience with fertile CM drying up more than a day before ovulation? Are my chances substantially reduced with this pattern? I've been taking Mucinex and drinking lots of water the last couple of months to try to help, but if there isn't much CM to begin with then there's not much I can do. Any encouragement, advice, or even just confirmation that this happens sometimes would be appreciation!

I had the same problem until I started taking a strong vitamin B complex. I used to get EWCM for about half a day 4-5 days before O and now I get 3 or 4 full days leading up to O.
Preseed could also be an option...

Try preseed. If you're actually ovulating and just need a more hospitable transportation for swimmers it could help!

My cm usually dries up a couple of days before ovulation. Then I have a couple of days of wet cm - that is supposed to be just as fertile as ewcm.

Sounds like you timed the :sex: well - good luck! :dust:

I had the same problem until I started taking a strong vitamin B complex. I used to get EWCM for about half a day 4-5 days before O and now I get 3 or 4 full days leading up to O.
Preseed could also be an option...

Thanks for the suggestions! I actually have been using a fertility-friendly lubricant called Conceive Plus (don't really know how it compares to preseed, although they are probably similar) and taking Nature Made Super B-Complex since the first month we started trying. I hate to think what my CM would look like without the B vitamins! Also, the Mucinex seems to help somewhat with consistency but appears to do nothing for quantity (no matter how much water I drink).

Anyway, yesterday was O day and I think I saw a bit more EWCM finally. We were able to DTD in the evening again so hopefully one of the little swimmers will make it this month! FX

I don't ever see EWCM unless I literally work my butt off for it. I've only seen it once, maybe twice in my entire life and that was while checking internally (cervix check).

The second and most recent time was in June when I got pregnant with my angel baby. Here's what I had to do:

Drink 80+ oz of liquids (90%+ water)

Take 3000mg of evening primrose oil pills daily until ovulation. 1000mg each, one in the morning, one afternoon and one at night.

One glass of grapefruit juice daily, or you can eat a grapefruit daily.

2 spoonfuls of robitussin daily starting when opk is almost positive. Make sure guafinesin is the only main/active ingredient or it can have the opposite effect.

No coffee. I drank coffee almost every morning, sometimes two cups and when I quit that I got pregnant. Also laid off soda and most sugary things.

It seems excessive but it worked for me. You can always try one of those things and see if it helps. If I had to recommend one besides the water (which is key) I'd say the evening primrose oil.

You can also buy preseed. It works great!

I don't ever see EWCM unless I literally work my butt off for it. I've only seen it once, maybe twice in my entire life and that was while checking internally (cervix check).

The second and most recent time was in June when I got pregnant with my angel baby. Here's what I had to do:

Drink 80+ oz of liquids (90%+ water)

Take 3000mg of evening primrose oil pills daily until ovulation. 1000mg each, one in the morning, one afternoon and one at night.

One glass of grapefruit juice daily, or you can eat a grapefruit daily.

2 spoonfuls of robitussin daily starting when opk is almost positive. Make sure guafinesin is the only main/active ingredient or it can have the opposite effect.

No coffee. I drank coffee almost every morning, sometimes two cups and when I quit that I got pregnant. Also laid off soda and most sugary things.

It seems excessive but it worked for me. You can always try one of those things and see if it helps. If I had to recommend one besides the water (which is key) I'd say the evening primrose oil.

You can also buy preseed. It works great!

Wow glad I saw this! I just posted a similar thread regarding CM since I'm having the same issue. I usually drink at least one cup of coffee at work each morning and definitely not enough water and too much sugary stuff!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->