EWCM already!! What to do? Advice please....

Barbiebaby

Mummy to a gorgeous boy!
Reaction score
Hi ladies, I had a mmc on 17th August at 12+2, baby died at 11+5. I had an ERPC on 18th august and then had an infection for which I was given antibiotics on 6th September. I eventually stopped bleeding on 10th September and am over the infection now.

My question is I now have an abundance of EWCM, I never used to get this much before, I feel nervous about bd'ing incase we are lucky as I don't want to risk another mc because we didn't wait for the first period, but them I've heard you are more fertile just after so don't want to 'waste' the opportunity if that makes sense?

I know it's all 'what ifs' but what would you do? Part of me feels like I shouldn't be trying as it's only a month since we lost our LO and I don't want to seem to be uncaring, but mentally I feel I'm ready.

Sorry for the long thread.

Hi Barbiebaby

Sorry to hear about your loss. Did you get any medical advice when you had your m/c? When I had my m/c the nurse said I could start straight away because it was quite early (5 weeks and 5 days). Otherwise what I've heard is that a lot of the time you get given advice to wait so that they have a better idea of working out your due date. I think the main thing would be to work out if you're emotionally ready to start again and if you are then go for it. Good luck x

Thank you, to be honest I wasn't given any advice, no follow up appointment or anything, I'm getting negatives on really early HPT's so I'm hoping my Hcg had gone down to 0 because noone has ever said they test.... Just really confused by it all tbh.

I personally don't think it is uncaring to your lost little one trying again now. You loved your baby so much and the wonderful feeling it gave you, it is your inspiration to try again- that is a wonderful tribute to your lost baby in my opinion. Apologies if I have overstepped the mark to say this.

I wish you all the luck in whatever you decide xxx

You've not overstepped the mark at all, I think that was a really lovely thing to say, thank you. x

That's a shame you didn't get any advice. The nurse I saw said I could do pregnancy tests afterwards if I wanted to check HCG levels and once they had dropped to 0 that my body would start getting ready for a new cycle. I ovulated a bit late that month so I think it took a little while to get back to normal.

the other things is I read recently in the New Scientist that you are more likely to have a successful pregnancy if you conceive again within the first 6 months of trying after a m/c. I wonder if your ECWM is your body's way of telling you it is ready, seems a shame to waste it! Good luck whatever you decide

My Dr. told me that it isn't necessary to wait to try again. If you wait one cycle it is easier to date based on the LMP, but I don't think you are more likely to miscarry again just because you tried again right away. If you feel emotionally ready then I would go for it. If not, then there's no harm in waiting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->