EWCM on CD 23

jessmke

Reaction score
I have been using OPKs this month to try to pinpoint ovulation but I never got a positive one even though I was doing 2-3 per day. Then on CD 23 I had a massive glob of EWCM, and that afternoon I got the darkest OPK I've ever had (although still not as dark as the control line). The line was lighter the following days. Is it possible that was ovulation? We've been DTD ever since just in case, but it just seems really late in the cycle. I have had three post partum cycles, the last two cycles were both 35 days. Before having my daughter I had textbook 28 day cycles with ovulation happening around CD 14, so ovulating on CD 23 seems really late to me! I totally thought we were out for this month (OH and I were away from each other for almost two weeks around the middle of my cycle when I assumed I would ovulate) so I am really hoping that was it. Can EWCM happen for other reasons other than ovulation?

Since I first posted I have been googling like a mad fool on the subject! It sounds like EWCM after ovulation can be a sign of implantation/pregnancy! And looking back I had some brownish streaked CM on CD 17 and 18 (maybe this was ovulation??), then we BD'd on CD 20, and I had EWCM on CD 23. So now I have myself all worked up thinking that I am pregnant! Oh how I love and hate google at the same time! It is now CD 25 so I am going to wait a few more days and then take a test, although I do have a drawer full of ICs so I might not be able to control myself!

If the test was really dark on cd23 and ewcm with no positive test before that, I'd go with that day being most likely for ovulation.

If the test was really dark on cd23 and ewcm with no positive test before that, I'd go with that day being most likely for ovulation.

Thanks! I think I will assume that was ovulation and just keep BDing. Which is easier said than done with a teething 10 month old who wakes a million times a night!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->