EWCM question

J

juansgirl

Hello, I am sorry if this was asked before but I didn't find it anywhere. I am still very new to this whole TTC thing, my last pregnancy was 13 years ago and ended in a MMC. I am now trying for baby #2 with my first being 15 years old so this is all so new to me...anyway...

As I have been on the pill since my MMC, I have never seen this EWCM that everyone speaks of as my body has not been ovulating. I totally understand seeing this stuff means a step in the right direction. I stopped BC on April 16th, pill period started April 19th for 3 days, was normal.. My cycle on the pill is 25 to 26 days which means I am supposed to start today if I was still on the pill. Understanding that my cycle will be longer I am just waiting and hoping to see AF to know we are ready to get the show on the road.

My question now is this....OH and I did the BD saturday morning. Saturday evening for the first time in my life I had EWCM..I was so excited. However no more BD happened this weekend. My fault I spoiled the mood with graphic banter and saying from what I read we have to dance now..(lessoned learned for me). I am fine with this as I take this as a good sign as it means I am ovulating again..is this right? also is it possible that seeing as sperm stays alive inside for like 2 days, we actually may have hit the target? could it really have been that easy??:happydance:

Comments and thoughts please...

Hiya!

I am sorta in the same boat as you with CM wonderings. I Bded with my DH on Sat morning and then he was very ill all weekend so no BDing. Then on Monday night I had EWCM. I am wondering if the swimmiers from Sat morning would still be alive enough to fertilise?

I'm not sure if EWCM means you have ovualted or you are ovulating or are about too? I'm a bit confused about it all :S

x

Usually EWCM means ovulation is about to happen (in the next couple days) or is currently happening (assuming, for instance, if it stops shortly after). It kinda depends on your own cycle how soon after you see it, you might ovulate, but from what I've read, you should BD on the days you see the most EWCM regardless of how close those days are to ovulate. Sperm can live for up to 5 days if they have been transported into your fallopian tubes in lots of fertile CM, but if for instance you wait until ovulation day but don't have much fertile CM that day, they won't get where they need to go to do their job. I've been told because of that, to prioritize the BDing on EWCM days regardless of how close they are to ovulation. This means you may very well have timed things perfectly!

It was really hard for me to figure out exactly what the different types of CM looked like, but this really helped me:

https://www.babycentre.co.uk/photo_galleries/what-cervical-mucus-looks-like/

It's kinda gross, but really useful. Also, make sure what you are seeing is truly EWCM and not semen. They look the same, but semen will be more cloudy and won't stretch as far or be as resistant to breaking. Once you work out what EWCM looks like for you though, it's so obvious when you do have it.

Usually EWCM means ovulation is about to happen (in the next couple days) or is currently happening (assuming, for instance, if it stops shortly after). It kinda depends on your own cycle how soon after you see it, you might ovulate, but from what I've read, you should BD on the days you see the most EWCM regardless of how close those days are to ovulate. Sperm can live for up to 5 days if they have been transported into your fallopian tubes in lots of fertile CM, but if for instance you wait until ovulation day but don't have much fertile CM that day, they won't get where they need to go to do their job. I've been told because of that, to prioritize the BDing on EWCM days regardless of how close they are to ovulation. This means you may very well have timed things perfectly!

It was really hard for me to figure out exactly what the different types of CM looked like, but this really helped me:

https://www.babycentre.co.uk/photo_galleries/what-cervical-mucus-looks-like/

It's kinda gross, but really useful. Also, make sure what you are seeing is truly EWCM and not semen. They look the same, but semen will be more cloudy and won't stretch as far or be as resistant to breaking. Once you work out what EWCM looks like for you though, it's so obvious when you do have it.

THats very helpful! Thanks. So it was EWCM and the most was on the saturday evening but again we BDed in the morning so I am confused if it still might have worked. I am hoping from what you said I timed it poerfect without even trying. It would be really awesome to hit the target the first month of BC! My mom says our family is pretty fertile which is why I always made sure to take BC so its very possible I might be ovulating already instead of months like some people have to wait., Either way I now know what EWCM looks like...my AF is due anytime so I wonder how long I should wait to test, the end of the month I guess if AF doesn't come.

Wow 15 years ago making a baby was so much easier..its harder when your older and want one so bad :)

Thanks for the help, it means a lot

Your timing sounds promising, fingers crossed for you :flower:
As it has already been said EWCM nourishes sperm and helps it on its way through the cervix so as long as OV follows within a few days (it is possible to get ewcm without OVing) you have a good chance.
My policy is to BD as much as possible when I have ewcm but it's not always easy when you're trying and he's not preventing.
My hubbie wants a second baby but not the pressure of actively trying to conceive but it makes it hard when he's 'too tired' or whatever and you just want to scream 'but I'm ovulating!!'. As tough as it is I just know that doing that would turn him off more.
I had ewcm show up yesterday and managed to BD :happydance: but still have it today so I'm hoping he's up for it again to give us a good chance. Won't get the chance until late tonight so fingers crossed x

As it has already been said EWCM nourishes sperm and helps it on its way through the cervix so as long as OV follows within a few days (it is possible to get ewcm without OVing) you have a good chance.
My policy is to BD as much as possible when I have ewcm but it's not always easy when you're trying and he's not preventing.
My hubbie wants a second baby but not the pressure of actively trying to conceive but it makes it hard when he's 'too tired' or whatever and you just want to scream 'but I'm ovulating!!'. As tough as it is I just know that doing that would turn him off more.
I had ewcm show up yesterday and managed to BD :happydance: but still have it today so I'm hoping he's up for it again to give us a good chance. Won't get the chance until late tonight so fingers crossed x

Hey!

I know how you feel with the whole hubby issue! I was told by my DH last cycle that he was starting to feel like a sperm bank! :shrug:
I have now been tracking my OV with out letting him know and trying to mask my sudden need to BD as spontanious horneyness! I don't think he's falling for it but at least he is happy that i'm making the effort. I am now 3DPO ish. I am not 100% when I OVed but I think it was on or around Tuesday. So I will prob start symptom spotting in the next few weeks (even though I will try no too) Good luck with the BDing tonight!!

Hey!

I know how you feel with the whole hubby issue! I was told by my DH last cycle that he was starting to feel like a sperm bank! :shrug:
I have now been tracking my OV with out letting him know and trying to mask my sudden need to BD as spontanious horneyness! I don't think he's falling for it but at least he is happy that i'm making the effort. I am now 3DPO ish. I am not 100% when I OVed but I think it was on or around Tuesday. So I will prob start symptom spotting in the next few weeks (even though I will try no too) Good luck with the BDing tonight!!

I don't think DH really buys my spontaneous horniness either but at least we're making an effort :haha:
We have an unexpected hour alone now while DD is napping and our house guests for the weekend are running late but guess what... he's engrossed in a computer game :-(
Fingers crossed for bedtime!
Look forward to a bit of symptom spotting with you x

i have a question, as per my opk and fertility monitor i think i ov on may 10, i had cm throughout hte week but on friday night i had a glob of it come out but it was rubbery and i heard you can have nonfertile mucus after oving....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->