Ex boss gave wrong income details!!! Panic!!

highhopes19

Reaction score
From my thread the other day regarding tax credits it turns out my fears were true regarding my Ohs boss being an absolute t**t!!

Last year we received a letter saying we owed just over £4000 in tax!!! As we had apparently earnt over £32,000 when we had only earnt just over £12,000!!!! My partner asked his boss what this was about and his boss said he would sort it out and even gave my oh a copy of a supposid email he had sent them correcting it ( I swear you can't contact them by email perhaps I'm wrong?!) anyway we thought everything was sorted

Well yesterday I got a one off payment from tax credits and then today I phoned them to ask what payment would be going in tomorrow and they said £50 ctc then from then on £43 ctc
Every week. I asked about Wtc to be told we were no longer entitled as we earnt over limit which isn't true all but a couple of pound we earnt the same as the year before.

My other halfs boss had told them we had earnt £32,000!!!

I was in tears on the phone and tbh the lady couldn't be anymore helpful I explained what had happened before and that actually he was being paid below minimum wage aswel which we didn't know about which would make it therefore impossible to earn that much!!

She changed it all for us and pressed over write so checks wouldn't need to be done so it's done quicker for us she was so lovely but it could take up to 8 weeks I'm so panicking about how we're going to manage until it's sorted.

We're £60 a week down because of my other halfs old boss made this error which he promised us had been sorted when it clearly hasn't been :(

Ahhh I feel your pain, we are in exactly the same position. Now tax credits get ur income from the employer they didn't reduce my Income by the 100pw entitlement for maternity leave and did not take my partners paternity leave allowence off!

We have gone from receiving £196 to £54!!! They also told me would take 8 weeks to correct & I would receive a provisional in about 2 weeks time!

Because of the cock up I now have to waste my time sitting in the council for hours to speak to a housing benefit officer to get them to amend our claim!! ( we both work full & part time...Not scroungers ha! Our rent it £1078 per month 600 of this we pay! ) it has been such a struggle this week :-(

Ur OH's boss sounds like a dick...hope ur oh gives him what for!!!!

Hope things get sorted for u real quick hun xx

Ahhh I feel your pain, we are in exactly the same position. Now tax credits get ur income from the employer they didn't reduce my Income by the 100pw entitlement for maternity leave and did not take my partners paternity leave allowence off!

We have gone from receiving £196 to £54!!! They also told me would take 8 weeks to correct & I would receive a provisional in about 2 weeks time!

Because of the cock up I now have to waste my time sitting in the council for hours to speak to a housing benefit officer to get them to amend our claim!! ( we both work full & part time...Not scroungers ha! Our rent it £1078 per month 600 of this we pay! ) it has been such a struggle this week :-(

Ur OH's boss sounds like a dick...hope ur oh gives him what for!!!!

Hope things get sorted for u real quick hun xx

Thanks Hun sounds like your having a nightmare with tax credits Aswel :nope:

I received my provisional award renewal today with the correct wages on saying that we should be getting wtc Aswel as ctc with about the same as we get now :shrug: this was issued on the 30th may and even had the date for the one off payment we recieved yesterday and then amounts for both sets after :wacko:.

But yet when I phoned they had us down for £32,000! I'm so confused !

Hope yours gets sorted ASAP Aswel Hun, I've heard their ususally pretty quick about 1-2 weeks xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->