Excessive Appointments?

Thank you ladies. I will definitely ask at my next appointment. If anything concerning comes I will happily do more appointments. My only thing is I am overweight, but about the same weight I was with my previous 2. And they still want me gaining 20-25lbs, same as with my others.

I was high risk with daughter and my OB wanted to see me every week from the beginning. At first, I enjoyed all the scans (one each week) but by week 14 I was done LOL I just explained that I didn't think I needed to be seen so frequently and didn't have time to come in each week, nor the money to spend on all those unnecessary scans. He understood and asked me how often I'd like to come in. I think with you not being high risk and not being a first time mom, surely your OB will understand if you feel you don't need to be seen as much as they'd like.

That's the general schedule here in Oz (has been for all my 24 years as a parent). Monthly visits can be shared care with GP, then after that mostly with the midwives or OB/hospital.

I’m in the UK and we don’t get that many appointments.

For your first baby you have 14 appointments (2 of which are scans, 12 weeks and 20 weeks) and then for subsequent pregnancies it’s 10 appointments (2 scans) unless your high risk in the UK all appointments are MW led.

I’m classed as low risk and this is my 3rd baby. My 1st appointment was 7 weeks I don’t see anyone now until my 12 week scan and then after that it’s MW at 16 weeks, then 20 week scan, then MW at 28 weeks then 34/36/38 then once a week over 40 weeks.

I used to live in ID and I remember the schedule being that way there. I live on the East Coast now and the schedule is every 4 weeks until 32, then every 2 until 36, which is when you switch to every week. It is a pain to drag your kids to appointments, I admit to that freely. I try to schedule mine while DS is going to be at preschool, so I only have DD with me.

I think it depends on doctor/office. The more I think about it.
These poor people are going to hate me. I have an appointment scheduled for the 25th of this month, but my pregnancy brain when I chose it didn't let me remember we would be out of town that day... so now I need to re schedule. When I do get in, I will be asking about less frequent visits. Once a month to 36 weeks I hope. Unless something develops that I need to be seen more.
I am pretty much a hands off medical type of person. And the ladies weighing in from other places make me feel like it really is a lot of appointments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->