Exciting Day

Cat

Reaction score
Can Ijust say woohoo!

Im having new carpets laid this morning, and then this afternoon Im going to pick up the new car!!! Am very nervous though, worried I will smack our car or something on the way to part ex-ing it!

waw what a busy day! Good luck and enjoy :D

ooooh sounds very exiting! Hope everythin goes to plan.
xx

What colour carpets you going for Cat? I've decided on a creamy berber with darks bits in it (I thought the dark bits might camoflage some stuff!) and laminate for the dining room. I persuaded DH to go for laminate after telling him that you had it throughout lol.

Snap! Just got a oatmeal berber in the hall and will be having an off white berber in our bedroom once we have finished decorating in there. The anoying thing is we thought it would be a good idea to paint the walls and skirting boards etc before the carpet was laid, to aviod getting any on the carpet, but the new carpet is better fitted round the edges so it lays flatter and we now have about a 5mil gap of old cream paint around the carpet before our new white paint! So will need to paint all the skirting boards again, being carefull not to get any on new carpet. Doh!

Cat said:
Snap! Just got a oatmeal berber in the hall and will be having an off white berber in our bedroom once we have finished decorating in there. The anoying thing is we thought it would be a good idea to paint the walls and skirting boards etc before the carpet was laid, to aviod getting any on the carpet, but the new carpet is better fitted round the edges so it lays flatter and we now have about a 5mil gap of old cream paint around the carpet before our new white paint! So will need to paint all the skirting boards again, being carefull not to get any on new carpet. Doh!

Sounds like my masterplan aswell! Do all the paintwork then get the carpets down. We're going to rip up the carpets first though as they're from the 70s and we wont be in the house. Our painting usually takes years though - when we did the front room DH meticulously put tape round underneath the new dado rail whilst he painted it, of course when he took it off it ripped off several layers of paint with it :shock: :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"