exercise and the period

Ginag88

First Time Mommy WTT#2
Reaction score
My husband and I went hiking two weeks ago. It was a ten mile trek. We have had sex twice since then. Now I'm one day late for my period.
My question is, can just one day of exercise delay your period? Isn't it suppose to induce it instead?

Exercise has always induced my period. If I was late normally a good 3 mile jog would make AF show up. Since you are already late, I would go ahead and test.

There are a lot of ways to induce your period, and exercise is one of them. Maybe you can wait for couple of days to, and if the period still not showing up, just go ahead and test it.

When I went through Basic training after enlisting I didn't have a period for 9 weeks... but that was due to vigorous exercise day after day. I find if I exercise too much I will either have a short period or skip it altogether. I've seen women complain on MyFitnessPal's forums that their cycles got thrown off when starting to exercise, so it is possible.

It's also not uncommon to have one "off/unusual" cycle a year, so that could be another reason. But if you're late already you could probably get an accurate result on a pregnancy test if you're concerned. :flower:

Ever since I've lost 47 lbs my period has been more regular. Before when I was overweight I missed it mainly because I was unhealthy. The last time I missed it was about a year ago I'm not sure why maybe stress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->