Exercise for Weightloss Motivation

angiepie

Reaction score
Hey gals,

I have this problem. You see, when I start exercising [I walk and jog] I LOVE it! It makes me feel great, I start losing weight, and I always feel happy when I'm exercising. I'm pretty good at keeping up my routine of minimum 30 mins a day. My problem is whenever something comes along that prevents me from exercise [recent examples- I was away camping 2 weeks, also been on a week long cruise, and when I go out at night] I don't exercise at the next available opportunity that arises! So I can go great, exercising for 2 months straight, then if I go away for a week, which I recently did, it takes me ages to get back into it [I just started again today, a month since the cruise started :wacko:].

Does anyone else have this issue? I can't understand why I do it [other than I'm lazy :haha:] coz I do enjoy exercising. I am wondering if anyone has suggestions for ways to motivate myself to pick it back up as soon as I return from, say, a holiday. Also, motivation for jogging even in the rain [part of why I hadn't been going the last few weeks is coz we had 2 weeks of torrential rain]. I don't want to get my runners wet, but if I don't go I feel guilty. :shrug:

Currently, the only motivation I cling to is being healthy for TTC and when I have a LO. That does work to an extent, but I don't feel motivated to do it just for 'me'. TIA for any suggestions/thoughts. :thumbup:

What about using indoor exercise as a stepping stone to getting out and about again? Eg dvd, wii fit, or routines on ph aps or frm web. You could set urself a challenge of increasing no of press ups or sit ups u can do or how long u can hold plank position for - these all have advantage that u can do them anywhere even when u r away.

I use My Fitness Pal on my ph and wii fit to help keep motivated, but it is hard.

Good luck x

Part of it is all or nothing attitude. Do not use events as an excuse and look at non traditional exercise, not just "the gym". Camping is easy, you go for a run in the morning. Most cruises (all?) have gyms on board. If not, use a Crossfit bodyweight workout of the day in a room. Look at bodyrock.tv

If you truly enjoy exercising, then as soon as you get home, make yourself run for just 5 minutes. Anyone can do anything for 5 minutes. You'll probably find that after 5 minutes, you'll want to keep going. That's what I do on days I can't find the motivation to exercise. If I still don't want to do it after 5 minutes, then I stop without feeling guilty about it and try the next day.

If you truly enjoy exercising, then as soon as you get home, make yourself run for just 5 minutes. Anyone can do anything for 5 minutes. You'll probably find that after 5 minutes, you'll want to keep going. That's what I do on days I can't find the motivation to exercise. If I still don't want to do it after 5 minutes, then I stop without feeling guilty about it and try the next day.

That's a great idea!

Thanks for all your suggestions, guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"