exercise help please????

Mandyblur

Mum of 3 soon to be 4!!!
Reaction score
hi everyone,

I had my boy Oscar 4 weeks ago today, i had a perfect fast birth no injuries or anything else.

A week after having him the bleeding and discharge had stopped.

2 weeks after having him i started walking a few miles a day and have been slowly increasing.

Today i felt very ready for jogging but thought i would keep it indoors on the spot just incase i injured myself.

Well i haven't injured myself at all but whilst jogging i was leaking huge amounts of clear fluid. The first time i thought ok i'll just put a pad on - that didn't work seconds into jogging and the pad was soaked as was my tracksuit bottoms.

It certainly wasn't my bladder as i don't think my bladder could hold that amount of fluid and i went to the loo before starting!

Any ideas what this is? Does this mean i can't get back into my running anytime soon? :(

Yep that's probably lochia alba, the whitish/yellowish discharge that follows lochia rubra and lochia serosa, the red/bloody discharge and pinkish/brownish discharge respectively.

I would say even if the bleeding's stopped, it's probably too early to be running (especially since you got a lot of discharge with running). I think the general recommendation is 6 weeks for any physical activity. That said, the physio at the hospital I gave birth at told me to try some exercise after 3-4 weeks and as long as I got no increase in discharge during or after I'd be ok. So maybe if you tried a less intense running session or a shorter one?!

Btw, as each labour/body is unique, your midwife or doctor might be able to give you some tips/advice too...! :)

Zondon

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->