Exercise. How Much Is Enough?

rubywoo77

Mum of 2
Reaction score
Hi

I am on the second week of an overall get healthy lose weight plan, not following any diet in particular, but I am using the noom app on my android that is a combo of calorific and cardio trainer apps (I think), I am eating less and on my first week I lost 5lbs.

I have been working out every other day, doing an exercise dvd that had been gathering dust for close on a year. Its the Hannah Waterman one. I am horribly unfit, the first time I did it I thought I was going to die. I was wondering whether I am working out enough, I am only doing the first 20 minute cardio section (which makes me v sweaty and red faced, and out of puff) and then the final 20 minute belly blitze and stretches. By the end of it I really feel like I have worked out, but am I doing enough? there is a boxing section and a general toning section but after the first cardio section I feel like I am gonna pass out so go straight to the last section.

For all you experienced fitness/exercise ladies - am I doing enough to continue losing weight?, I am sticking to 1200kcal and logging everything I eat. I kinda feel guilty for not doing the whole dvd from start to finish.

Do as much as you can! Even 10 minutes a day, if that's all someone can do, is beneficial. It will get easier to do as you go on. Generally, I say the more you work out, the better, as long as you are eating enough to sustain your calorie burn. The typical guidelines are 30 minutes of moderate exercise 5 days a week.

1200 calories might not be enough if you keep increasing your exercise, though. It's the minimum amount that women should eat and if you're working out, you may need to up that amount so you don't lose a bunch of muscle in the process.

I do a jog at 5mph every night for 20-30 minutes. It is enough to get my blood pumping and my heart beating faster.

How much exercise you need will vary from person to person, you just need to find what the right amount is for you without feeling too exhausted afterwards

xxx

Thank you for the replies, im just using the app on.my phone to work ay calories, i dont feel hungry, but im making better food choices. I was judt worried that i wasnt exercising enough during each session. Buy i definitely gry out of breath and ferl like my heart is goung to burst from my chest so i guess it must be having some effect. Hoping for at least a 2 lbs loss this week after the big 5 lb loss last week. :)

It's all about progression :) You know what, I am a powerlifter and can easily deadlift 200lbs but once upon a time, I could not even lift the 45lb bar. Where you come from doesn't matter, it's about what you do and where you go from there. We all start somewhere. A good 30-60 minutes a few times a week is great to start out. You can evaluate as you progress.

I do 6-8 hours of heavy weightlifting per week and about 60 minutes total cardio if I am not feeling lazy :rofl: But that's just me!

im doing a 2 hour walk as fast as i can with the buggy every day and 35 minutes on the wii fit that i do hope to increase. im only on day 2 and have struggled to eat a min imun of 1200 calories., So gonna work on my eatting 1st i think befofre i push more exercise

Hi friend ... what is all know about it that Many people walk 20 minutes a day just to walk to a job, or go shopping or a number of things. You should maybe try to jog 20 minutes a day a few times a week. .. BEst of luck

I only started out at 10mins on exercise bike at like 1mph lol

Now i can go 80 mins full on hardcore.

As times goes on you will improve, just do as little and often as you can & build up

Hi,

I do some gentle swimming twice a week and try to walk most places. I think its best to not over do it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->