Exercise in pregnancy? HIIT etc

LaFemmeBoheme

Reaction score
Hey all

I have been on a bit of a keep fit mission the last eight months or so.

I started to commit to small weights sessions and more walking alongside healthier eating in October, added Insanity classes in November and have since added Clubbercise in February and Burlesque the last few months.

My research suggests that the current advice is to maintain activity so I am still going to classes and my plan is simply to listen to my body and modify if any moves give me any grief.

Is anyone else here in a similar position? I'm relatively confident it is better for me to sensibly maintain activity but reassurance/stories from others wouldn't hurt!

I don't know exactly how far I am along my first trimester as I was NTNP last cycle but my best guess is 6 weeks. :) It's my 4th pregnancy but I have never been this active before having any of my others so this is a whole new ball of wax!!

Cheers :thumbup:

xxx

I have regular dance and aerial silks lesspns, I managed fine last week when I was already late for AF but didnt realise (early ov) im going to carry on and just make sure I keep cool, hydrated and dont dont get out of breath. If anything makes me dizzy or crampy I'll stop doing it ( aerial silks can involve being upside down for significant periods but thankfully theres lots of pretty upright stuff to do as well!)

I do Zumba a couple of times a week and have just taken out the stomach crunches and tried to pace myself a bit. I still sweat and my heart rate increases but I'm always able to speak. I feel it's really helped me get through first trimester. Hope your exercise does too.

I've done HIIT training, running, cycling etc before I was pregnant but found I just haven't had the energy since, though I have done a couple of zumba sessions. I am planning on going to yoga and swimming when my energy levels come back up with perhaps some cycling.

Thanks guys!

I am grateful to still feel awake and strong enough to be doing it and it is really nice to see people who are further along are still doing stuff!

I've had a couple of concerned comments, you see.

Have you told your teachers/instructors about your pregnancies??

I also started exercising a lot before I got pregnant and don't want to stop now. I do 30 minutes of cardiovascular every morning and then work in some weight training with arms/legs as I have time and feel up to it. I used to do elliptical a lot, but I've been too exhausted latest to be able to keep up with that, so now I'm doing a stationary bike so that I can stay in a sitting position. My OB said this is excellent and to just stay hydrated and try to keep heart rate under 140.

I did a lot of excersise pregnancy pregnancy, lost a tonne of weight. But now I can barely manage my 10,000 steps! I'm just too exhausted, bed it a much better option :haha:

If you can still manage it tho, I say go for it, I was always advised to try and maintain but not increase currwb activity level x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->