Exercise while TTC

ttc_alb

Reaction score
I hear conflicting stories about exercising while trying to conceive. What are your thoughts? I am a generally active person, but don't want that to be the reason I can't get preggo!

My FS told me that as long as I was active before, then it's fine while TTC and even during pregnancy. Maybe don't take up any new activities that would push you much harder than you do already... but being active is actually beneficial to you, even during pregnancy ;)

Just listen to your body and do what feels right. I do take it a bit easier the week I have my IUI done- but I still walk and stay active.

Best of luck hun!

Thanks for getting back to me. I guess that would make sense as the people who told me it didn't hurt them are ones that continuously exercise anyways.

I've been told the same. I work out three times a week and do spinning, I also have a personal trainer who works me very hard! I'm a fit person and I'm going to stay that way, throughout pregnancy as well because if your muscles are used to working hard, childbirth is slightly easier (although none of us can kid ourselves that it's easy!).
My personal trainer said as long as your body is used to exercise it's fine. You shouldn't start anything new but old habits are fine :thumbup:
She trained a woman at the gym throughout her pregnancy as well, and this woman did spinning right up until two weeks before she gave birth - could barely reach the handlebars but there she was, pedalling away!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->