Exercise

neverbeast88

Reaction score
Hey not sure really where to ask this. I'm quite into my fitness and before finding a BFP I was doing circuits, running, sprint training and weights. Since finding out I'm pregnant I've toned it down to light jogging at an easy pace and simple light weight (8kg) exercises. Does anyone know any advice about exercise in pregnancy? Don't want to be doing anything wrong.

If you were doing it before and you feel fine doing it now, keep it up. I was running regularly before I got pregnant. Once I was pregnant, I felt really tired and sometimes a little dizzy, so I stuck to walking and hiking and eventually started a pregnancy yoga class and then swimming. But I was doing 7-14 mile hikes on the weekends into the start of 3rd tri. Being active really helped my energy levels and I think it contributed a lot to having such a healthy pregnancy and a straightforward, easy birth. Your body will tell you if it's too much. If it does, just ease off a bit and do something that's a bit more comfortable.

My doctor had told me so long as I felt comfortable and had the energy to do it, I could keep up with my routine. I'm at the gym 1.5 hour/day, 5 days/week, doing a lot of strength training, so I put a lot of strain on my body!

They key is to continue doing what your body is used to and not starting a new routine. If you are not a runner, don't start running (or start very slow and work you way up). Listen to your body. I was put on an exercise ban with my first b/c I had contractions when I exercised and/or bleeding. You will know if you need to stop.

Hey thanks for the replies. Think I'm going to stick with light running/jogging and weights and go at my own pace and by how I feel and try hard to keep ontop of a healthy diet. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->