Exercises that won't build bulk?

L

LilMiss_91

I'm trying to lose weight at the moment, my aim is to get down to 112lbs (I'm only 5ft). I've been eating healthy and burning roughly 600cals a day through 2hrs of cycling. I've dropped 11lbs like this but I've noticed recently that my legs are not getting slimmer, they are just getting bulkier around my calves (obviously through all the cycling). My aim is to tone the muscle I have and shed the fat excess, NOT add muscle bulk.
Does anyone have ideas of exercises that will help me to lose weight without gaining too much extra muscle?

I dont really think it can be helped with calves. Mine are huuuuuge but then all fat burning exercise (cardio) is leg based

Some of it's just how you are built- and genetics. Generally speaking woman don't bulk up even with heavy weights-- it's very difficult for us to gain that much muscle without a lot of work... I've incorporated power (full body weight class) twice a week for a long time now- I am working on increasing my weight to help tone more- but I don't bulk up.

I do tend to carry more weight in my thighs- I'm just curvy, so those always seem a bit bulkier to me? Although I'm slimmer overall after losing the weight.

You could try different classes- I do Zumba, Blast (which is basicaly a step class on steroids! lol) and Power- then my off days, I'll just do some light cardio on the elliptical. I burn about 500 calories in an hour in both Zumba and Blast- which is why I like those classes- they really push me :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->