Exercises???

Angel022605

5K fun
Reaction score
I wanna start exercisingetting but have a couple questions.
1)Is it safe to do various abdominal exercises such as crunches,sit ups, or trunk twists with resistance both during and after ovulation to implantation? I know it's not safe to do such exercises once preg.....
2)Is it safe to do seated leg press with weights during and after ovulation to implantation? I know once preg it is unsafe to do that.....
Any advice?
I know in general it is safe to do a lot of high intensity exercises from AF to ovulation but back down to moderate/medium intesnity after ovulation....

Um, I dont know where you are getting your info from, but ab work, weights etc, it is all safe to do, not only when ttc, but throughout pregnancy too.... the only thing you shouldn't do in pregnancy (generally from 2nd trimester), is contact sports, unless you have medical reasons that will stop you from working out. Crunches, leg presses etc will not stop or impede your chances of getting pregnant. Ab work, you may need to cut back once you have a bump but it is fine to do as long as it doesn't cause pain. Exercise is very beneficial both in ttc and during pregnancy. Where did you hear you couldn't do these things after ovulation and pregnancy?

And in regards to weights and pregnancy, obviously be mindful of your bump and adjust your method so bump wont be knocked at all, and you may need to lighten the load your lifting a little bit, but otherwise its perfectly safe to lift as well. And as long as its not causing pain....

Pretty much all exercise is good while TTC, even during luteal phase, and even in early pregnancy before you're showing. Exceptions would be something like ultra marathon running but I don't think that's your plan! I think if you are already active, you can continue most of your usual exercises during pregnancy, with modifications and decreasing intensity as your body changes. At a certain point you obviously wouldn't want to do anything lying on your back or belly and most ab exercises will be kind of pointless and hard to do. It generally wouldn't be a good idea to start a new and super intense exercise program after you get pregnant if you were a couch potato before! So good for you for starting now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->