Expats; UK TV (4oD app)

Nut_Shake

Reaction score
Hello!

To all expats, I've recently moved from the UK to USA and miss UK TV so much! Anyway, last night I signed up with Overplay to change my VPN so I can watch UK shows on my iPad using my apps. BBC iplayer is working, but 4oD won't work at all. I opened the app but it said I had to update it. I tried but when it took me to the App Store it would reset so woukdnt give me me the option to update the app. I deleted it to reinstall it and now I when I search 4oD it can't even find it. I googled it to get to the app that way and when I click it it takes me to a white screenw ith no option to update. I tried watching programs just on the 4oD site not using the app but it comes up with blocked plugin.

Anyone else had issues with the 4oD app? I'm wondering if Channel 4 have put extra restrictions in place, though technically it shouldn't be able to pick up that I'm not in the UK. Very upset, I NEED to watch Come Dine With Me!

Xx

I had troubles using channel 4 (app, on their web site, anything really to do with channel 4) and I have previously used Tunlr and expat shield. The only thing I could use was unblockus. That more or less unblocked anything and I could use all apps on my tv, my phone, through web sites etc. I never used channel 4 with it though but you do get a 1 week free trial to see if it works. Just google unblockus. It works really well and it's cheap if you decide to carry on with it. That's the only one I've used that has worked with everything (itv, netflix, bbc etc).

Have you tried downloading media hint? To change your location? x

Ok I've sorted it. I needed to change my App Store details back to my uk details to be able to download the uk apps and update 4oD. HAPPY DAYS! Thanks for your help ladies xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->