Experience changing ISP from sky..? Bad service!!

hayz_baby

Mummy to 3 boys!
Reaction score
Never had a problem with sky at all until recently.. When we moved to our home last year we found out that our Internet was extremely slow and unreliable.. Our neighbours have the same problem and its because the main exchange is too far away so the internet as such basically gets worse and worse down the line till it gets to our house..Nothing can b done unless Bt build one closer which they won't.. So we have put up with it for the year but have been getting more and more frustrated.. My oh enjoys online games and mmo's and I like Internet stuff as well so yeah we just got fed up! So when we found out fibre optic came to our area we had a long thought about going to fibre optic.. That will guarantee us better speeds.. Only yes it does cost more.. We did some research and came up with a game plan.. We wanted to stay with sky it's easier and they are out current provider and we have always been happy with them but they charged an installation fee for it which is £50 which we didn't want to pay.. Plus net would charge the same only no installation fee plus line rental is cheaper.. So we decided they would be our back up.. Anyway through a couple of calls we found sky weren't really interested in keeping us.. After the last call we decided to leave.. And went through all of that.. During cancelling my broadband I asked for my MAC code.. A specific code for yourself to give to your new provider.. I was told that I would be given this code in writing in 5 days or e mailed within 2.. So I left it at that.. I never received this code so yesterday I rang them up asking for the code.. (It's now been over a week) and have been told they can't give it to me until my broadband is cancelled.. Which is not until the 16th.. We were meant to have an engineer on the 15th come to install and our Internet would then be activated! So I asked will that affect me gettin our new Internet ad they said yes!! Great so I won't have Internet till they give me there code and between which time we won't have the net! Plus net have told me they can't really do anything until they have the code and tbh can't understand why sky can't give us the code.. Tbh me neither! I rang them again and pushed to get this code.. They said they physically cannot give me this code!! I explained to them they legally they have to give me this code and apparently how it has been cancelled it was cancelled so without one and one won't be generated until the 16th wen my services are cancelled! Because I'm not gettin Internet for two weeks due to sky's fault I am getting some money knocked off my telly for a bit.. But still I'm jus so annoyed how this has been done! Sky have broken the law! Has anyone had any problem with moving from sky or jus going to Another ISP? Sorry this was long needed a rant!
Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->