Experience- stopping because 'you should' rarther than wanting to

twinklestar25

Reaction score
I feel we prob shouldn't have a third due to been restricted with holidays/activities etc time for each child the usual that everyone thinks About. My partner doesn't really want anymore which I see his side of things too but the hormones pull all the time and if money/space was no issue to I'd deffo be pushing for another.

Anyone put it off do to all the reasons not to and how did you feel/get lpast it and move on? I constantly feel like I'm trying to put it to the back of my mind and just convincing myself how hard it would be, the guilt on the others etc but really id like another. Not sure how I'd feel a few yrs down the line when it's too late. It's so hard to make the right call on this.

I'm the same as you but thinking about a fourth not a third. I love my boys so much and already I feel guilty than ds3 doesn't get enough time or attention and yet I can't imagine being done now. As he's getting older and so much more a toddler than a baby it's making me want another more and more.

I just keep telling myself that these are all I need and I don't want to ruin what we have - what if the next baby sleeps really bad and keeps the others awake? Or what if they won't feed and are constantly grumpy etc etc. i hope you find some answers!

I am the same, but about nr 4. I am pregnant with my 3rd and she will;l have a 7 year age gap with my youngest. I would love her to have a playmate, close in age, but it's going to be my 3rd c-section (not keen on 4th), my OH is 46 (I am 31, so still young) so he is against.
Plus all the other reasons: holidays, time for each child, finances...

I will be tying up my tubes most probably during the c-section. And the thought of it being so permanent is making me super sad.:cry:

Yes I know exactly how you feel. I would love a third but for a few reasons we are stopping at 2. If we were financially well off, and if my son wasn't special needs then we may have considered it.

I am a bit late on this thread but I just had my 4th nearly 7 weeks ago now and I really am struggling as I decided to have them take my tubes rather than just having them tied. I made it last minute as we were trying to turn my baby and if it failed I would have a csection. It failed I got asked 15 mins prior if I wanted a tubal because it lowers the chances of cancer I said ok sure.. Now I feel as if I should have left myself the option even though this last baby was unplanned and even though I know its prob smarter to just have what I have and enjoy it still feels like im mourning a loss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenyawenya
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->