Experience with missed AF (not pregnant and no ovulation)

Lirpa11

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Does anyone have experience with a missed AF, and you weren't pregnant and you haven't ovulated?

I am on CD33 and my cycles have ranged from 28-30 days since august. I usually spot 2-4 days before AF and there is no sign of that.

I have been charting and I haven't even ovulated? I have what felt like ovulation pains 2 days ago but nope. I have had ewcm as well.

I've also been cramping on and off just life AF is coming around the time I expected her, but nothing??

I did a HPT (I expected neg as my temps are still low) and sure enough a BFN.

so my questions are:

1. Have you had this happen to you? What was the result, did AF eventually come, did you have to see a doctor?

2. Should I see a doctor or just keep waiting another month or so?

3. Is there anyway to start AF or help things along so I can get back onto a new cycle.

I understand some ladies can go months without AF but I never have, so this is unusual for me :shrug: I also can't understand why I keep getting full on AF cramps and she doesn't show

Any advice is much appreciated thanks.

Hey! All I have to say is thank god you're temping otherwise you'd be driving yourself mad by now!! I went through this exact experience before I started temping and it was pretty painful because I had no idea what was going on. I had a scheduled pap schedule for what was supposed to be after my AF. Long story short, the doctor worked me up (did some labs and an ultrasound) and everything came back negative. She said I just hadn't ovulated that month and my body had an 'anovulatary cycle' - meaning I didn't ovulate and finally my body gave in and just had an AF anyway. It was a 47 day cycle compared to 26-34 days. But my AF wasn't like other months, very minimal bleeding. After that cycle, I started temping because I was worried that maybe in general I wasn't ovulating or something was wrong with my system after my mc. A few months after that I figured out I was ovulating, but just all over the place. So I started vitex and I'm so over the moon happy about it. I ovulate on the 14th of every cycle and have classic EWCM now.

Hope I answered some questions!! Best of luck!!

Thanks for your reply! I'm so happy I'm temping or I would be over the moon thinking I'm pregnant only to keep getting bfn. It's hard enough seeing a bfn when I knew I would get one because of my temperatures.

Omgoodness, 47 days is so long to wait!!

I geared up like I was going to o around ovulation time, but it didn't Happen. I also had mid cycle bleeding for 3 days just before ovulation time so I thought I had let loose a nice strong egg, but still nope!

Now I'm CD33 and I have ewcm and it's like I'm gonna ovulate and even had ovulation stitch pain two days ago... All to no avail.

This is mixing up my cycles too as DH was going to be home around my next fertile time but now I don't know when that will be!

Did ur doctor suggest vitex? I'm worried to take anything That might Affect my body in case I need testing or something in a few months.

I'd hate to have a problem and be taking something that could mask it or make it harder to diagnose.

Guh, I hate when you have everything all planned out and your body plays a nasty trick on you! Hopefully things sort themselves out.

Nope, my MD didn't recommend it. Actually, I remember her saying now don't go do anything extreme like start running every day or changing your diet. haha, meanwhile I went and took vitex. I work closely with her, she'll probably tease me about it later! But I do appreciate that you're worried about seeing a doctor in the future and what the repercussions may be from the medical side. I just felt like it was a good fit for my body and what I was experiencing.

My MD did say that most women will get an anovulatary cycle once, maybe even twice a year and it's totally normal. She wasn't worried at all. So hopefully it just passes and you ovulate or get your AF soon. And then onto the next cycle.

Are you still BDing frequently? I imagine it's hard to keep up for weeks on end :winkwink: or maybe we're just getting older. haha.

DH and I always bd frequently lol. He works away which limits when we can bd, but has been home during my fertile time since November, which makes this journal even more frustrating :-( he should be home next weekend, but if I ov soon I may be waiting on AF then...

Yayyyy my temps went way up today!! Two more days of raised temps and I would have ovulated finally, which means AF is on it's way :) DH has been gone for 5 days and we haven't bd in 6 days so no chance of a bfp :-(. But at least I can move on and get going with my next cycle!!! Can't wait till AF gets here and hopefully I'll have a normal cycle next time :)

Hello I have PCOS I am lucky if I get my period 3xs a year!! I have been ttc for 3 yrs now naturally with no luck because I rarely even get my period. My OB started me on Provera which i take for 5 days and then a few days later I get my AF, then I will be taking clomid to help me ovulate. ( I was able to conceive my daughter with this combo) You should talk to your doctor because they might be able to help you get regular. I myself have tried all the vitamins and supplements that they say to help regulate ur cycles but none of them worked for me at all :( U r doing the best thing by charting everything it will def help ur doc to help you better! wishing u lots of babydust

Hello I have PCOS I am lucky if I get my period 3xs a year!! I have been ttc for 3 yrs now naturally with no luck because I rarely even get my period. My OB started me on Provera which i take for 5 days and then a few days later I get my AF, then I will be taking clomid to help me ovulate. ( I was able to conceive my daughter with this combo) You should talk to your doctor because they might be able to help you get regular. I myself have tried all the vitamins and supplements that they say to help regulate ur cycles but none of them worked for me at all :( U r doing the best thing by charting everything it will def help ur doc to help you better! wishing u lots of babydust

Thanks Fx4baby2.

Just wondering, how did you find out you have PCOS?

I havent ever been tested for that, although I have had all of my paps and they came back fine. Ive been om BCP since I was 19, so for approx 6.5 years. Prior to that I didn't pay too much attention to AF so I coulsnt say if she was regular. I do recall having heavy and long AFs back then, and a couple times a year the cramps would be so bad I would curl up in a ball and not move for the day... I've been worried that would happen again soon.

I'm thinking maybe I need to be more forceful and go see the doctor.

Lirpa11 I agree you should probably go see a doctor. Not that anything serious is wrong but it seems you are in a bit of limbo and at the mercy of whatever each cycle delivers each month :nope: Since you are concerned to take any supplements that might contradict a doctor's testing and conventional medicines why wait to start those wheels turning? Sometimes they want to take test over the course of a few cycles and won't prescribe anything until they have a bigger picture of your cycles so I'd get that process going now :thumbup:

I'm just worried if I see them I'll be wasting my time and money and they'll just say go away until 12 months is up :-( I might go after this cycle ends I guess.

It doesn't help with DH being away.

I'm just worried if I see them I'll be wasting my time and money and they'll just say go away until 12 months is up :-( I might go after this cycle ends I guess.

It doesn't help with DH being away.

That wouldn't be a total waste because then you know you could try a supplement like vitex (if you want) with plenty of time to stop before seeing your office again. Also each office has different policies and if your able to look around you should be able o find someone to work with you more quickly if you are ready to start with testing sooner. It just seems that you should be able to take a step in some direction and not feel your hands are tied? At least if you have exhausted you dr options you know your timeline and can do something on your own if you do have to wait longer than a few months...can't hurt right?:shrug:

Too right thanks.

I'll make an appointment I think. At least I have been keeping track of everything since august (AF, bd etc) and then since February I have been charting, so it's not like I.ll be going empty handed. If they say come back later, I'll try vitex or something to get AF and ovulation to be a bit more regular. At least by doing something different I'll feel like I might make a difference.

It gets so disheartening otherwise!!

We have the $ to do whatever they suggest, it's just getting them to start suggesting!

It's so frustrating :wacko: It is nice to feel like you're able to do something on your own if you can't get support from your doctors in a timely fashion. Best of luck with the doctors and possibly being able to make your own plan in the meantime. Either way I hope you get your bfp soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->