Experience with Preeclampsia

Flannz94

Reaction score
Hey ladies,

So yesterday I had a bit of a preeclampsia scare. For the last few days I haven’t been feeling myself, particularly light headed and short of breath, I knew I had low iron so I put it down to that. I was at work (nurse) yesterday and all of a sudden I felt hot and clammy, I couldn’t focus my vision on anything, I could feel my heart racing and I felt like I was going to faint. I had one of the girls I work with check my blood pressure - I usually have low blood pressure like 100/60 on a good day so I was expecting it to be very low. To my surprise it was actually 147/79. It’s literally never been so high in my life! I rang the maternity ward for advice and they told me to get straight down there. So off I went. By the time I got there it was still elevated and I felt like absolute death! They gave me some fluids, done some blood tests and checked my urine (no protein). When the bloods came back my iron was extremely low (5) so they gave me an iron infusion while I was there instead of making me wait until 36 weeks. The dr also said that my creatinine was low and that impaired kidney function is one of the signs of preeclampsia. By the time I discharged (8 hours later) my blood pressure had settled to 110/60 and I had a cracking headache! I see my usual obstetrician on Friday and she told me to follow up with him to keep monitoring the blood pressure as she couldn’t diagnose it off just one blood pressure reading alone.

So ladies, if you’ve had preeclampsia before, how did it start out for you? What symptoms did you have? How far along were you? How did they diagnose it?

TIA :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->