Experienced BBTers

21yrsurvivor

Reaction score
Ok, I have only been doing BBT since mid last month-now, and I know that I'm over thinking everything...no need to remind me LOL. So here it goes (Chart provided in my signature. Want some experienced BBTers opinions.

Today I am very pessimistic. The reason is because of the BBT...yes the dreaded BBT, I'm having a love hate relationship with this thing. I usually take my temp between 6:30am -7:30am (within 30 minutes of the previous temp time) Yesterday, I had to sit up...didn't walk around, just sat up. I then thought to myself, "Good going Ashley, smooth move you messed up you BBT' I sat there for 20 minutes and took it and thought that was my temp for the day, maybe? Today because I took my temp sitting up yesterday, I thought I would do the same today. at 6:30 this morning it was at (I think) 97.97 before sitting up, I laid there for a bit. (fell below the coverline I know that) and then I decided to sit up for 20-25 minutes with barely any movement ...I mean barely any movement, and got a temp of 98.31 at 7:30am. I'm about to go out of my mind and cry because the BBT is messing with me. I keep thinking that if it falls below the line that I'm heading for a BFN, and I'm at 4 DPO. I feel like throwing in the towel this month, and starting fresh next cycle.

I got to hand it to the women that have been doing this for months, you all are awesome. I often wonder if it takes a while to find your own groove to taking your BBT accurately. I know..Im over thinking EVERYTHING, believe me I know. LOL

I'm wondering if I should delete the temps from the previous 2 days because I think they are inconclusive, any ideas?

Hey it's me again.

No matter if you have one off day, do not alter your routine afterwards. Tbh, I have gotten up and taken my bbt while I am going potty because I just couldn't hold it. I find that I have to have gotten up and been moving for a minut before it affects my bbt. But point is, just because you did something different don't change the routine to try and match that one day.

6:30-7:30 is a bit of a difference. Is there a reason for that? I always do my bbt at the earliest time I will wake up. During the school year, that's 5:15am. So even on days off I set my alarm for 5:15, do my temp, then go back to bed. Takes less than a minute.

I would leave everything and just put notes. If you are worried because today's dropped, women experience a secondary estrogen surge after O. Can be anywhere from 3-6dpo for me. That will cause your bbt to drop for a day.

It definitely takes time to get to know what and how things affect your body, and yo u learn it from cycles and days like this where you make a mistake one night and and see how it affects things. Hang in there!

I put my chart link in my thread so you can click it and see all of my charts and that they all have dips, some bigger than others. Just fair forewarning it has been a shit storm since my last loss so you really need to go back to like before sept lol

Hey it's me again.

No matter if you have one off day, do not alter your routine afterwards. Tbh, I have gotten up and taken my bbt while I am going potty because I just couldn't hold it. I find that I have to have gotten up and been moving for a minut before it affects my bbt. But point is, just because you did something different don't change the routine to try and match that one day.

6:30-7:30 is a bit of a difference. Is there a reason for that? I always do my bbt at the earliest time I will wake up. During the school year, that's 5:15am. So even on days off I set my alarm for 5:15, do my temp, then go back to bed. Takes less than a minute.

I would leave everything and just put notes. If you are worried because today's dropped, women experience a secondary estrogen surge after O. Can be anywhere from 3-6dpo for me. That will cause your bbt to drop for a day.

It definitely takes time to get to know what and how things affect your body, and yo u learn it from cycles and days like this where you make a mistake one night and and see how it affects things. Hang in there!

I put my chart link in my thread so you can click it and see all of my charts and that they all have dips, some bigger than others. Just fair forewarning it has been a shit storm since my last loss so you really need to go back to like before sept lol

I'm hoping I can get in the swing of it. This is where my ADD/ADHD sucks when it comes to the BBTing. I'll learn lol, I know I have been going overboard this past month or so. So I hope I'm not upsetting people for all the questions I ask. I apologize if I ask too many questions and possible off the beaten path questions lol.

I sat up because I was having cramps, and for some reason when I have cramps laying down makes it worse, so that's why o say up. On the token I have had mild cramps of and on since O, they aren't constant or last long, except the one yesterday, that was a doozy for a brief moment. With the cramps I have been having major nipple sensitivity, just the nipple and not the breast which is weird because I rarely get nipple sensitivity.

I'm hoping that it is just an estrogen surge. I will go back to my normal way of temping tomorrow, while I'm laying down. Thank you for the honest advice, that helps me a lot :hugs:

You're adorbs. Never apologize for asking questions. We're all here to learn and support each other. One day, you'll be the person giving all the advice ;)

Sitting up a bit shouldn't affect your temp (at least it doesn't for mine), but yeah just go back to your usual routine. If it keeps going low or stays low then I might consider starting up opks again, but I'm sure it'll go up tomorrow. Plus, things can be all over the place during the TWW. Hugs hugs

In the TWW temping isn't as important. The main point of it is to catch the rise and you can see that you've clearly got one so you've O'd.

In the TWW, temps can give you clues as to what's going on. Like you might get a dip around implantation, although you might get a dip and not be pregnant. You might have a triphasic chart where your temps go up another level. This can happen more often with BFP, but my chart went triphasic last cycle and I got a BFN. I find that my temp drops around 12-14DPO and AF starts the next day.

I think keep going with taking your temp the best you can. It keeps up the habit and practice of doing it. Try not to analyze every temp, especially once you've got solid crosshairs.

Good luck.

In the TWW temping isn't as important. The main point of it is to catch the rise and you can see that you've clearly got one so you've O'd.

In the TWW, temps can give you clues as to what's going on. Like you might get a dip around implantation, although you might get a dip and not be pregnant. You might have a triphasic chart where your temps go up another level. This can happen more often with BFP, but my chart went triphasic last cycle and I got a BFN. I find that my temp drops around 12-14DPO and AF starts the next day.

I think keep going with taking your temp the best you can. It keeps up the habit and practice of doing it. Try not to analyze every temp, especially once you've got solid crosshairs.

Good luck.

Thanks a bunch Sarah for the reply and info. I have only heard about that chart a couple times, so I'm guessing it's not too common I take it. Did you have any symptoms with a chart like that? I will do some research on that type of chart, I don't know anything about it. I'm trying not to do too much research and such, but I have always been a researcher, especially in college lol. So that's a hard habit to break. I have been reading from all these others that swear by your BBT, and that as soon as you dip you're screwed. I was wondering if it's normal for you temps to fluctuate like mine (peaks and valleys) and yet I see all these other BBT charts that have nice smooth curves. Mine looks like I'm having like a heart rate monitor lol.

You're adorbs. Never apologize for asking questions. We're all here to learn and support each other. One day, you'll be the person giving all the advice ;)

Sitting up a bit shouldn't affect your temp (at least it doesn't for mine), but yeah just go back to your usual routine. If it keeps going low or stays low then I might consider starting up opks again, but I'm sure it'll go up tomorrow. Plus, things can be all over the place during the TWW. Hugs hugs

I'm losing track of all the people I've been talking to. Thank you for being so awesome and understanding my asking questions. I was on another group (not this site) and I was starting to feel "stupid" because I asked a lot questions with multiple threads. I was getting some really rude responses to me asking a lot of questions or asking the same question just rewording it. I was getting these woman saying, "you know if you're asking all these questions then you need to do more research before even TTC." Another one was," I want to introduce you to my friend, search engine. Stop asking so many stupid questions" those are a couple. They made me feel so small that I broke down into tears. The group leader allowed this to happen I'm front of her eyes. I would never rejoin that site. I look at groups as a place to ask questions and vent their current frustrations with TTC. Pregnancy, or miscarriage. That's the purpose of a group, to ask questions.

I will go back to my norm temp taking tomorrow. I'll try to not over think the FF coverline right now. Why can't we be like those lucky girls that get the BFP the first time trying, or not even trying at all. It is so hard when you have baby fever and see your cute little 5 month old nephew every week. That little guy has given my SO and I baby fever lol

Triphasic? It's not all that common, it was the first time it's happened for me. It happens more often in charts that result in BFP but can happen if you're not pregnant too. I didn't really record symptoms but didn't feel anything major. However at 11DPO I did get a very faint second line, most likely an evap but it could have been a CP. Either way I'm trying not to think about it.

All charts are different and they vary from person to person and from month to month. I wouldn't worry unless you get a dip below your cover line around 10-13 DPO then you can probably guess that AF is on its way. If your temps stay up then you have a good chance of being pregnant.

It also looks like your chart has a fall back rise. Nothing to worry about, doesn't mean anything but that's probably why your temp has dropped below the cover line today. You'll probably see it go back up tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->