Experienced Charters- Help!!! BFN, but temps are up past normal cycle

Placencia

Reaction score
I have had a really weird cycle and am trying to sort out what is going on. Off bcp in March, and since then have avg 25 day cycle w 14 day lp. Have been charting since May. In July I had a 19 day cycle followed by slightly heavier than normal af. I was traveling for work at the beginning of this cycle...from West to East in US so 3 hour time difference with a 1 night stopover in Dallas (central time zone) due to getting stuck on way home. This is why the first part of my cycle in FF has open circles. Had two days of spotting on days 25 & 26 very light almost nothing on the pantiliner, brown with a few reddish streaks. Temps in lp near cover and during spotting actually hit the cover but then they went way up and bfn today.

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2f1e54

Thanks for looking...

Your last two charts do look a little strange. My cycles were all over the place for many months after going off the pill. It is possible that your body is still trying to regulate hormonally after going off the pill. The spotting that you had recently could also be implantation bleeding. I would say you might not have ovulated on CD 12 because your post O temps are so close to your coverline. But you did get a positive OPK on CD 10 so you probably did ovulate. Are you sure it was a positive OPK? Is there a chance you didn't ovulate when you think you did? Maybe you ovulated a little later? I don't know, it is a confusing chart. I wish I had a little more insight for you. I hope it is a BFP for you!!

yea, the 19 day cycle the thermometer broke (should have mentioned that) so the temps are a mess since I was using different thermometers all of which appeared defective (finally got a new one just in time for this month's cycle). So on that cycle I just gave up trying to decipher it- my guess was I didn't ovulate since I was also using OPK and didn't get a positive one. This cycle I definitely had a positive OPK since I used both a digi and the internet cheapie and both were positive that day...but was having a little stress so its possible that it was delayed... What confuses me most is the high temps that started on Friday after the close to the coverline ones during spotting.

Temps, as you know, are affected by so many factors. Was it a warmer night? Were you restless?

It could also be a BFP. The spotting is suspicious to me. In 2 out of my 3 pregnancies, I've had implantation bleeding and I was convinced that AF was on her way. I usually don't get a BFP until at least 15 or 16dpo. You aren't out of the running yet. I'm sure you will anyway, but I would keep testing.

PS - Where in California do you live? I feel like I'm meeting a lot of women here recently from California.

I had this happening to me last January. AF did show up on time, although a bit less heavy than normal, but my temps were still high up. I had been temping for months by then and always had the same trend each cycle, so I knew this wasn't right. My boobs were killing me to and it was obvious I still had progesterone pumping in me. I did many tests, but all BFN.

Reading on the internet, I discovered that this could happen if you got a corpus luteum cyst that didn't resorbed. You get that cyst each time right after ovulation and it is what produces progesterone. It normally resolves on its own hence progesterone going down unless you are pregnant. Sometimes, it doesn't and continue to produce progesterone. This went on for 2 weeks for me, then my temp finally went down and I had AF again a couple of days later. This was a one off and had no problems afterwards.

Then of course, it can be a bfp and it just didn't show on the test, that is possible too and I hope that's what it is in your case :hugs:

I read about cysts and wondered if that might be the case, but haven't had any further spotting or any cramping at all. Did you have any pain last January when you had the suspected cyst? I have an appointment with the OB/GYN in two weeks, and talking with the nurse today she basically told me to just keep tracking temps. She wasn't overly helpful which was not a great first impression as I haven't been to see this OB/GYN yet...hopefully he will be more helpful than she was.

I'm in Berkeley. My brother lives in San Diego. Love it there!

I hope you figure this mystery out!

I had no spotting or cramps or anything, just bad PMS and my boobs were killing me, then finally, after two weeks the temp started to come down and I had a normalish AF after that followed by a normal cycle.

In my case, I put it down to my taking soy. It was the second cycle of it and had very strong ovulation pains. It might have been a coincidence but decided not to take it again. I was diagnosed with a LC when I miscarried at 6 weeks, but that was no concern as it can happen in early pregnancy. I also had a cyst when I was scanned in May which my FS suspected was a CL, but I was 7dpo then, so again, not unexpected.

I hope things will get back to normal before your appointment, but if not, I expect he will know exactly what is happening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->