experiences advice needed on almost 1 still bf in the night

bababas

Reaction score
i start working soon. just wondering what to do with these night feedings. we co sleep. i have not tried sleep training. does that work?

i would prefer not to sleep train and no crying. if i do nothing do night feeds continue until forever? :haha: well clearly there wont be bf from 7-16 when i start working. do you think he would then maybe say goodbye to it?

any good advice and experience would be so appreciated. thank you. i just dont really wanna be a zombie at work. my oh takes 2 months leave. i was thinking he could maybe sleep with him. but maybe thats too much, if he doesnt see me all day and then oh sleeps with him instead of me...

My LO was having night feeds until 20 months. I had been back at school full-time and working part-time since she was 5 months old! It was, of course, exhausting... but I just got on with it.

Have you tried putting him in his own crib/room? It's likely that he doesn't need the feeds for hunger's sake, rather he's grown accustomed to it and uses it for comfort (which is okay, too). You might have some luck if it's not as accessible.

I am not going to lie there really isn't a "no cry" sleep training method. Babies cry to get what they want..there are many methods that include controlled crying which is one I have done and yes, it works but you have to be mentally ready for it as its really hard. If you want to start cutting night feeds start by timing how long a feed normally takes and cut the time by 1/4 each night until your done. Or you can cut them cold turkey which is much harder to do.
Each child is different, some stop on their own and some don't it just depends on how long you can handle it for. Good luck :)

We recently put isaac in his cot using cc and he still wakes up twice for a feed. We are going to tackle this soon but its a huge improvement on him waking 4/5 times when cosleeping.

I think it depends on how lo is, ie does he wake up and demand it by pulling at you or do you assume he wants feeding as he won't settle and he takes if you offer?
for me, lo doesn't pull at me or ask to be fed, I offer 4 times a day and she takes, with night feeds she had a few nights of sleeping through so I knew she didn't need it so didn't offer the days when she did wake up.
I cuddle or offer only water, takes a few days but they get the message.
If you've been at home with lo until now he may find it a really hard transition to not spend all the time you're home with you. I've had to do a course recently, not my choice, and have missed lo terribly so although I am a bit more tired I'm quite happy to cosleep so we get time together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->