Experiences on late implantation and delayed periods

happy138

Reaction score
Does anyone know whether we can miss a period before implantation?. Reason I am asking is, some sites state that once egg is fertilised the corpus luteum produces progesterone which delays your period. Then after egg is implanted, the placenta takes over and you get a positive hpt in a few days.

So supposingly, if we ovulated later in our cycle, and conceived, is it possible to implant after the delayed periods and get a late bfp? Has anyone experienced this?

I don't know.

I've heard ladies with really short luteal periods (the time after O) can often have trouble conceiving. Primarily because the fertilized egg doesn't have enough time to implant and it gets flushed with AF. Also if a chemical pregnancy happens, it can end up not delaying AF at all. My guess based off that would be that it doesn't delay periods, but again I have no idea, I'm only guessing.

Ok thank you :). So I posted this on another site and now I understood clearly. AF timing is determined only by our luteal phase. So even if you ovulate late, your luteal phase is ideally constant say 14days. So periods would arrive only after the 14th day. For eg, if you have a 30 day cycle and a luteal phase of 15days, and you ovulate on the 20th day , your expected AF would be on 35th day of your cycle. It does not necessarily mean you are pregnant. It's just your delayed ovulation.

Neat. I wasn't sure if whether the egg was fertilized or not affected the LP length.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->