expertise needed!!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by impatient, Dec 25, 2009.

1. impatient

impatient Well-Known Member

Hello and congrats to all you ladies! I was wondering if anyone got +OPKs before a +preg test?? I have had two days of them at 10 and 11 DPO??? Any advice would be helpful. Thanks

2. hajis-sweetie

hajis-sweetie Loving being a mummy!

I have read that OPKs can be used as HPTs but are not too reliable, so I would suppose your + results would be right?

3. Guppy051708

Guppy051708 2 by Sea 2 by Land

The same day that i got a positive HPT i had a positive OPK.
    OPKs measure LH not hCG, but from what i gather LH and hCG is basically the difference of a man wearing a hat or not. Anywho, its very much possible! Just be sure to take an HPT to confirm pregnancy. Dont use an OPK to confirm it. Fx'ed for you!!!! :dust:

4. Pretty Sakura

Pretty Sakura Well-Known Member

Yes please use an hpt to confirm pregnancy. Opks aren't meant to tell you weither you are preggo or not. Fx for you!!

5. tashalina

tashalina Well-Known Member

yes thats totally normal, I hadnt had a positive on an OPK so didnt think I had OV, so the other morning I did a HPT as I had one lying around and I felt sick, I also did my OPK as usual. Both came up positive?! That was the darkest I had seen my OPK so that shows they are not always reliable. (they were only IC though) x