Experts needed.

megrenade

Reaction score
I just had my daughter on the 4th of March.

I had a few days of heartburn, which I have never had (unless I was pregnant) and extremely sensitive teeth (which I also get only when I'm pregnant).

My lochia probably stopped about 2 weeks ago, when FOB and I DTD and he made an oopsie by taking the condom off after he finished, so that we could go round #2 :winkwink:

And it didn't occur to me until later that - that is a big NO NO :dohh:

I'm nursing, so I am not expecting a period anytime soon. What are the chances?

For a few days, I've had very light brown discharge that has gradually gotten a lot darker brown :blush:

Going to pick up a dollar store test tomorrow and maybe take it this weekend. I'm scared :nope:

My doctor actually told me breastfeeding is a form of b/c and stops u from O'ing which is why u dont get AF for a while after. I think ur in the safe zone def. Of course, just like birth control pills, u have that 1% chance that it could fail but for the most part, nursing is usually a great form of birth control on its own from my understanding but of course being cautious on top of that will be even better (unless ur wanting to try again) :) good luck and again I think ur safe! :)

Idk how I missed the part about the spotting...after I had my son, I had spotting before my actual period started back up so maybe this is what's happening..? I guess that dollar store test will give us some answers. Plz come back and update me :)

Nursing is not an effective form of birth control for many women. I had a full blown period 5 weeks after the birth of my daughter and a regular 28 days after the birth of my son. Since I was used to NFP the signs of ovulation weren't far behind and I'm very sure I did. This all happened before my six week check ups and since we were instructed to abstain that long we got lucky. My doc then said many women rely on nursing and it's a huge misconception. Many women actually incredibly fertile after birth to boot.

I was bummed because I was looking forward to getting a pass during the time I was nursing but no such luck.

I think your odds are probably closer to 50/50. All you can do is test and see!

I got my period 4 weeks after the birth of dd1 and fell pregnant with dd2(intentionally)when dd1 was 5months old. Both were breastfed and both times my period came right back on my normal cycle. Good luck xx

It looks like just like everything else, it depends on the women! Lol my sis and I both were able to use it as a form of birth control and right when I slowed down breastfeeding, I did get my period which obv meant I could no longer rely on that method. So FX ur like me (unless ur hoping for another) but clearly these other ladies are proof that it def can fail.

I just had to say, why cant we all be alike in that sense? And while ttc too...itd make ttc (or not trying) SO much easier!

good luck to all of u ladies! I hope we all get the outcomes we are looking for this cycle :)

I'd say it's not impossible at all. The test will give you the answer for sure. Good luck :)

Thank you ladies! DS nursed around the clock and I got my period around 4-5 months PP. I was super bummed. We were NTNP for about 6 months before we conceived DD.

I have always relied on NFP and haven't really had any signs of ovulation or anything that I have been aware of yet.

I haven't had cramps, which I always get during a period.. but, we'll see.

Women's bodies are funky :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->