Exposed to slapped cheek at 11 weeks

Wtbam

Reaction score
I just had a call from my daughters childcare provider to say that one of the children (out of 6) is off sick with slapped cheek.

Should I be worried?

Hi, I just had a similar experience where my neighbours child was diagnosed with slapped cheek and we had seen them the week before. I contacted my Gp and had the test for parvovirus, took about a week for the results and showed I already had immunity from previous exposure and not detected this time so a big relief. I would say for peace of mind get checked but the likelihood is u will be absolutely fine x

I asked the GP who said I don't need a blood test. I might ask for a second opinion in that case!

I woukd be contacting your midwife if your GP says not. My work friend was exposed to slapped cheek and she also had to have bloods taken.

Someone in my November due date group has had to have blood tests because her daughter has had slapped cheek. I would insist on a test if I where you Hun x

Hi I am the mum that Elmo is referring to. I am waiting for further blood results. I would honestly insist on getting a blood test. I had to go in 3 times to get my daughter diagnosed.

I would also insist on bloods. It's likely you'll be immune but best to know

I would also insist on bloods. It's likely you'll be immune but best to know

This same thing has happened to me this week. My daughter has it. I had to call the EPU as my doctor and midwife are all closed for the long holiday weekend.

They took it very seriously. They don't want me to come in as I don't want to expose any other pregnant women to it, but have referred me to a virologist. That doctor called me later that day with a plan. I will be getting a blood test on Tuesday when I can get into my doctor's office and results will be sent to the hospital later that week. She is also setting me up with an extra scan at 16 weeks to make sure the baby's organs are developing fine. This will be done with the high risk obstetrician who will continue to monitor the baby via scans until I'm at least 20 weeks. She said the likelihood is very small that the baby will have any effects but this is their common course of action for a pregnant woman who is exposed.

I definitely agree that you need to get the blood test and possibly a scan. Mention it to your midwife.

Just a little update. I went to the midwife who did a blood test which came back to say I was immune from a previous exposure.... phew! Everything seems fine so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->