Expressing and bottles... help me choose.

New2Bumps

Mummy to 2 gorgeous boys
Reaction score
First Years Breastflow bottles

...or

Tommee Tippee closer to nature ones ?

Any reccomendations, reviews, advice?

We've got both and by far our choice is the breastflow. If you are bf as well, the breastflow bottle helps to avoid nipple confusion because the mouth action is very similar to BF - wide open mouth, and a good mouthful of boob :)

We bought one bottle from mothercare to try it, and loved it. Bought a pack of 3 from amazon (much cheaper, about £12 I think). Makes me much more relaxed about moving from BF to bottle and back again. :)

we went with the tommee tipee, cheaper and easier to get hold of quickly if you need to for some reason. But Finn isn't fussy, boobs bottle sippy cup- he thinks its alllll good :D to be honest I've never used them but my OH has never complained and we are still on the original 3.

We have both and Breastflow are the best if breastfeeding as avabear said. TKMAXX have them in 4 for £9.99 or 3 for £7.99 wish I'd known I bought 3 from eBay for £17!

We have the TT one and no problems at all with confusion. Alex would probably drink from any kind of bottle, as he just loves his food :)

i have both an definately prefer the breastflow, daisy is ALWAYS sick from the tt ones as she cant control the flow and takes it too quick with the breast flow she has to work much harder for it and she takes it much slower :thumbup:

only thing is they leak if they arent screwed on really tight !!

hope this helps

sara

xxxxxxxx

We have both and use the tommee tippee ones more often. We found that in the early days, the breast flow ones seemed like hard work to Aisling and she'd give up half way through even though she was still hungry. We use them both now with no problems. DH prefers breast flow and I prefer tt!

We have TT but haven't used them yet so no advice - just wanted to say if you decide to got with TT watch out in Home Bargains they have had them a few times for 1pound and 2quid a bottle - they've also had the replacement teats xx

It depends how you are expressing really - make sure you get the right bottles to fit to the pump.

I hated my Tommee Tippee hand pump though - biggest nightmare ever - worst thing to clean!

We got one of the breastflow ones free (just email them) and bought another two. only tried ebm for first time yesterday but dh didn't have any prob with feeding lo with it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->