expressing question

LeannieB

Toby and Sam xx
Reaction score
Hi I am going to get my hair done today and have expressed some milk yesterday and some this morning. I have mixed them together in a bottle without thinking. Is this ok? Also how should my mum warm it up? And how long is the milk ok to sit out for? Im thinking i should of just left it in 2 bottles. Will that be ok if i now split back up into 2 bottles if i have already mixed? Sorry for all the questions. Thanks in advance xx

It's fine to mix it so long as they were the same temperature.. like you can't mix fresh, straight-outta-the-boob milk with refrigerated milk! Not sure why / what happens if you do.. just know you shouldn't. She should warm it up in the bottle in a bowl of hot water. The milk doesn't have to be hot, just take the chill off it if it's been in the fridge. Make sure she doesn't shake it too vigorously, just swish it gently :thumbup:

It's fine to mix it so long as they were the same temperature.. like you can't mix fresh, straight-outta-the-boob milk with refrigerated milk! Not sure why / what happens if you do.. just know you shouldn't. She should warm it up in the bottle in a bowl of hot water. The milk doesn't have to be hot, just take the chill off it if it's been in the fridge. Make sure she doesn't shake it too vigorously, just swish it gently :thumbup:[/QUOTE

Hi thanks for reply. I mixed refrigerated milk with straight out of the boob. What a wally. Will i have to throw the milk away now? Thanks x

It's perfectly fine to add fresh milk to milk in the fridge. You just need to pay close attention to how long the whole 'batch' has been in the fridge. The only real problems that can happen are the fresh milk will increase the temperature briefly (not really a problem if it goes right back in fridge), and you can lose track of how old the oldest milk in the bottle is.

I pump exclusively and I routinely pool a day's worth of milk into a large bottle and then divide it into freezer bags or feeding bottles. You just need to swirl the milk some before you use it since the fat floats to the top.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->