Expressing while pregnant?

CrazyMumma

Reaction score
Is it safe?

I have been leaking what I assume is colostrum for the last two weeks now, and it seems like such a waste not to use it!

Is it ok to express while pregnant and freeze for later on?

Would I even use it - am planning to exclusively breast feed anyway?

As long as you are not high risk you should be fine. Although my OB wanted me to wait til 36 wks as a just in case precaution. Bring it up with your doctor, and it can cause contractions (although unless you are high risk and/or your body is read they wont cause labor)

I got 6 oz pumped in a matter of 4 days before I had to stop due to a UTI and having to take meds for it so I wont be able to for 7 more days. It may be hard for you to express or pump colostrum as I've been told ots not always as easy for everyone. Def. Talk with your OB, and do what makes you comfortable. I love pumping although I guess that's not to common haha and the frozen colostrum I have will be going to a friends baby as she can't breastfeed due to meds she must start as soon as the baby is out. This way the baby will at least get colostrum. Whether you are doing it for your baby,a "just in case" emergency stash, or for another it can be very rewarding but it takes ALOT of time. I use a hand pump instead of hand expressing as it works better for me.

Talk to your OB and find out if its something safe for you 😊

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vz99vet
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->