Expressing!

LynnieH

Reaction score
LO is now five weeks, can I start to express now? She is feeding every 2 and half to three hours and going for upto 4 and half hours at night. I just thought that I could start to freeze milk and 'think' about trying her with an expressed bottle. My only worry is that she will absolutely refuse to have a dummy and makes faces as if I have put something truly disgusting in her mouth, so will she take to a teat? My son was brilliant, at four month I went back to work and combinations fed him until eight months when my milk dried up, but this time I want to continue with breast milk and express feeds when I go back to work.

Yeah there should be no reason why not. One tip I would give though is when you start to introduce a bottle to get someone else to dop it as she will just want the breast if she can smell you. Also try not to replace a feed with a bottle either as this will affect your milk supply - but then if yiou are expressing at the same time every day this should be ok.

After advice from HV I expressed on other side whilst LO was feeding. We gave her the bottle this evening, well OH did and she took it no probs. Hooray! I can now go out on my own. If I want to. Thanx for the advice Beanie and thanks to Layla for the pump!

thats great news glad the bottle went ok can i ask was it express in a bottle that u did and y do u pump as she feed is the apartically reason the HV said taht im interested soz for being nosey !!!

Iwantone!!! said:
thats great news glad the bottle went ok can i ask was it express in a bottle that u did and y do u pump as she feed is the apartically reason the HV said taht im interested soz for being nosey !!!

Yes it was expressed milk in the bottle. The midwife recommended that I express as I feed because I was leaking from the other breast as I fed anyway (TMI) :oops: :oops: . It also means because I am not replacing a feed it wont interfere with my supply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->