extra help

hayz_baby

Mummy to 3 boys!
Reaction score
hi my son is now jus over 2 weeks old and has been breastfed the entire time... in the evening he gets a bit colicky.. he also has reflux and has been taking gaviscon which is kinda helping the situation but is so difficult to get him to take it.. he only has jus started it and im terrified of giving it to him tonite..
i have also been diagnosed with pnd.. which as horrible as it sounds i think is linked to him breastfeeding... its jus so difficult with breastfeeding and it isnt him its me... he latches on and feeds well i jus find it exhausting, difficult and i hate the nightimes as it is jus me as my boyf can only do so much..
sometimes i think i should jus switch to formula... but then i feel so guilty and sh** tht i jus carry on.. i have expressed a few bottles but i find it a long hard process and im scared if i dnt time it well with feeds ill either dry up or i wont b able to feed him when he needs it.
im so scared for tonite with him taking gavison after every feed.. he feeds so often in the night and is sick every time and hardly settles

please help

Firstly well done for getting this far! It is really hard work, and you deserve some credit for getting this far especially with pnd.

I know it seems like blokes can't help much at night but they really can! I used to feed lo then hand her straight to oh to settle while I went to sleep. We would split the night so sometimes he would settle her, sometime me.

I don't know anything about reflux but hopefully one of the others can give some adivce.

X

Awww hun. I don't know anything about reflux and gaviscon but just wanted to offer you big :hugs:.

Thnk u.. I guess im findin it so difficult.. I thought breastfeeding would b amazib but i havent had thexperience and it ujus never happened.. I dnt kbow how long i can do it for.. Is it rigt tht i wabt to go onto formula?

I think most women have a moment or two of thinking about switching to formula! Those early days can be really tough. Breastfeeding is an amazing thing to do but it does take time and practice. I really didn't enjoy it to start with!

Just take each feed one at a time. Things will get easier with time x

I found the first few weeks hard especially in the night. I have got used to it now and if LO doesn't settle straight after feed then OH settles him. Is there a breastfeeding group you can go to for support? I found this a big help. Also reading these forums on my phone in the middle of the night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->