Extra weight gone - still flabby!

Sini

Reaction score
Ive lost 9kg/1.5stones since I started my exercise plan and watching my lifestyle. I now weigh less than I did before DS(2.5yrs) and DD(6months), however my body is flabby, soft and my stomach especially bulges terribly.

I get that after pregnancy body and skin changes but how much weight do I have to lose to look anything like before?

Currently I go to group exercise classea twice a week focusing on strenght and toning. I could increase exercise to increase toning, but the main question is;

IS THERE ANY HOPE TO GET A TONED WAIST AGAIN?

I'm doing a lot of exercises at home to tone up. I use a workout app and hubby helps a lot with what to do. I try to do it everyday. There's defiantly hope, the before and after pics I've seen are amazing :flower:

Yes. I lift weights and run, and have got a fairly defined stomach xx

Part of it does depend on the type of excercise your doing- but also, how much is just skin compared to extra fat... ?

My stomache is more toned than it was pre-pregnancy (although if I bend over, the skin isn't as FIRM as it once was- but when I'm standing you'd never know)... I'm actually thinner now than I've been in YEARS. So that weight loss combined with the fact I'm 40-- well, things going to look like they did when I was 16!? :haha: Although I work out often and use weights and overall I'm toned and feel pretty great- there is only so much I can do (short of only eating clean healthy foods and working out like a maniac! lol)- which, I'm not willing to do. I found a balance that works for me- so I stick to it.

I would for sure recommend free weights- or a class that covers all area's of the body with weights and resistence training. I hate doing sit-ups, but I take 5 classes a week and they all incorporate core work. So that for sure helps. Just give it time and slowly work up more core and weights and you'll see improvement :)

Kudos on the weight loss! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->