Extreme bloating towards end of day??

MissR

R+R+J+Dot
Reaction score
This has always been an issue with me but in the last few months it has become horrendous. I wake up in the morning and have a flat stomach and then throughout the day my stomach will grow and grow, until at night it looks like I am 3/4 months pregnant.

I have always had bloating but never this severe. I thought It was normal to bloat after you eat etc but not to the extent it is now. Does anybody here have this? Is it normal? Should I go to my doctors about it? I'm really at a loss at what to do. It makes me feel so down because I always look like I have a big tummy. Any help appreciated xx

I have attached a picture but it doesn't look as bad in pictures. I am standing at an angle where it isn't so severe. This was tonight and is usually the size it gets too. Thanks x

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 12
My stomache has always been this way too- and worse when I was younger cause I didn't eat well (at all) and my body was off balance and not processing food as well as it should- and I would have an upset tummy most days too. Not sure you have that issue at all?

I now it's totally normal to be a bit more bloated by end of day- I wake up and my tummy looks so much better! :haha:

I would say- if it's more extreme now, and you aren't feeling well because of it- certainly cannot hurt to ask your doctor. Although, in my case, doctors weren't able to help- they did all sorts of tests to no avail and kept saying "all is normal" - whatever that means! I finally saw a nauropathic doc who put me on a strict diet for 3mos- supplements etc... and that is what helped to cure my ailments (acid reflux included).

Sorry if that's no help and not at all your issue...

My stomach does this as well. I used to avoid eating before going out cause of my insecurities. Many people have told me it could be hormonal imbalances, food intolerances, etc. I would definitely speak to your doctor if you feel too uncomfy. You just may be able to prevent it!

Thanks ladies! I do think it is my diet mainly, I eat very poorly and love my junk food. I have been trying to eat healthy for the past week and drinking a lot more water. I am starting to feel better (as I usually feel ill and very tired), but I still have the severe bloating. I may take a trip to the docs just to make sure it's all normal! Thanks for your replies ladies xxx

My stomach is like this.. It is worse after certain foods like bread or anything high in salt. But I think mine is mainly due to weak stomach muscles after my pregnancies.

This happens to me too, I've known for a few years I'm sensitive to gluten and lowering how much I have really helps, same with avoiding sugar and salt where I can. Though some of my bloating is also down to my endo, so that doesn't help. When I have a flare and have had something like pasta for dinner I bloat so much my stomach skin actually gets sore and itchy.
It's always worth getting it checked by your doctor though just it rule out anything serious.

Happens to me quite regularly... I think it might be gluten related as well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->