Extreme Fatigue?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by LeeBee, Mar 31, 2011.

1. LeeBee

LeeBee Well-Known Member

I know that fatigue is just one of those things that goes along with pregnancy... but I am seriously EXAUSTED, and I'm starting to wonder if it could maybe be something more. But I don't even know what that "more" could be? My blood pressure has also dropped a bit... 90/50 at my appointment today. The nurse practitioner I saw said that the only real concern with this was that it could possibly make me dizzy or pass out. But I wonder if it could be connected to me being so tired?

So I don't really know what my question is... LOL. Is anyone else having this issue?

2. Starglow

Starglow Well-Known Member

Yes a while ago but bloodtests showed nothing. They thought it could be aneamia but it wasn't. Think some just getting unbelievably exhausted x good luck

3. mummyx2

mummyx2 Mummy of 3 gorgeous boys

I suffer with ME, so extreme fatigue is part of everyday life for me anyway, but while pregnant I am finding this worse, I do think you should speak to your doctor or mw tho, to rule out aneamia

4. Princess pea

Princess pea Mum of 2 beautiful girls

I'm been suffering with this soooo badly, to the point that I haven't even been to work for two weeks. I'm being tested for gd and having a full blood count, but I'm not convinced they will find something. I also have a slight low pressure, but no one seems too worried about it...

5. Rachyroux

Rachyroux Well-Known Member

I'm suffering with this but I have Gestational Diabetes which can apparently make you feel very tired.! x

6. georgina.miss

georgina.miss Well-Known Member

I know the feeling its reallyyyy stressing me out !!! Everyday i wake up feeling ok but after a while i go down hill and am totally knackered and have ZERO energy to do anything!!!! Maybe some vitamins or something might help??xx

7. LeeBee

LeeBee Well-Known Member

I thought about Anemia, but I'm pretty sure they tested me for that at my first appointment, and it must have been negative because they didn't say anything. I wonder if that is something that can develop during pregnancy?

8. Mabelpye

Mabelpye Well-Known Member

ditto =( I've found it unbearable, especially without my medication :nope:

9. mummyx2

Anaemia can come on at any stage in pregnancy, so def go get it checked out.

xx

10. mummyx2

Me too :(

Just gotta take it 1 day at a time.

:hugs:

11. JFS

JFS Well-Known Member

If they haven't yet, they'll do another routine test soon because there's a natural drop in iron levels during the middle of pregnancy. I was feeling pretty low a few weeks ago: tired and weepy, and I went back on my prenatal. I'd stopped taking it for awhile because it bothers my stomach so much. It seemed to help.

12. kmartin906

kmartin906 Well-Known Member

I would definitely mention it again to your physician. They should definitely be checking your levels during pregnancy. Also, Thyroid problems can sometimes be a problem during pregnancy for some women, and that can also create fatigue as well. If your blood pressure is that low, it could also cause that ...

13. Mabelpye

Mabelpye Well-Known Member

I'm trying to lol, easier said than done most days. I;ve got fibromyalgia too, so it's all fun and games atm :nope: If you want someone to have a moan to feel free to message me :flower: xxx

14. midori1999

midori1999 Well-Known Member

Me too! I have been fine some days, but had a few where I am utterly and totally exhausted, so I really sympathise.