extreme gas pain--help!!

Tigerlily01

Reaction score
I am 4 weeks today, and just had my second bout of extreme gas pain. Omg, it was horrible! Like, curled up in a ball sobbing kind of horrible! :nope:

Sorry if this is tmi, but...
I get sharp pain in my lower stomach/pelvis, and also between my legs (front and back), and if I try to pass wind, or go to the bathroom, it hurts so bad it is unbearable, I can't even try! Any kind of pressure on my butt hurts too, so I can't even sit up. :cry:

Help!!! This is miserable! It lasted 45 minutes the other day. Today was only about 15 minutes, but I seriously thought I was gonna die. Is there any way to relieve this? Is it common just in early pregnancy, or do I have this to look forward to for the next 8 months? Help!!! I need relief!

I had this with emily and nathan, and it only occured when i drank fizzy juice! It really upset my stomach and made me double up in pain and then i'd have terrible trapped wind along with constipation... not a good mix! Luckily it isnt all that bad this time, but with emily and nathan all i could drink was water or diluted juice which wasnt such a bad thing for me! Is there something in particular that is giving you a sore stomach? xx

I don't know if it is a specific food causing it. The only thing I've been kind of eating way too much of (and the only constant between the two days I had pain) is nutrigrain bars, which are mostly sugar...so maybe I should cut those out. They're kinda my go-to snack when I get super hungry and my stomach is unsettled. Not sure... :/

I feel your pain, I used to get this when I had my period it was unbearable. I am getting bad trapped wind in my stomach up high and it is making me feel so sick :( x

I get this bad at night too! its horrible!!! I dont think a specific food causes it (not for me anyway) but I can sympathize!!! freakin sucks!!

I am experiencing this as well. I thought it was the progesterone pills I was taking, but maybe not. Today I was curled up into a ball and the pain caused me to break out into a sweat.

I had this in the very early weeks with my 2 boys. With my first, a friend who had also gone through it suggested laying flat on my back on the floor to help let it out. (Safe till 15 weeks, but I never had it that long.) With my second baby, I stayed up all night. pacing around the room while watching a funny TV show. As long as I was walking, it didn't hurt, but I was up ALL night because if I laid or sat down it would come back. My dr also says that Gas-X is safe. Perhaps call your doc and see if they say so, too. Good luck!!!!

Yes, they said Gas-x was ok, or Tums, or Zantac. I think I might try the Tums first, since they seem a bit more minor to me, but not sure if they'll work. The thing is, it comes on really suddenly, so unless whatever I take is fast acting, it's not gonna help much...and I'm not crazy about the idea of taking Zantac every day "just in case."

Try some lemon in hot water. I also suffer from gas pain and I find lemons really help.

I can totally sympathise I have had horrible wind pain in all my pregnancies! It will get better. Try windeez or similar maybe?? Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->