Extreme Nausea

svaughn8814

Reaction score
Hi Ladies!

I am 7w+1. I had morning sickness (threw up in the morning only) all last week. Since Sunday, I have not been able to keep anything down. Every time I eat, I throw it up. I have heard bad things about Zofran. Is there any over the counter nausea medicine that I could take that would be safe for the baby? I am just waiting until I show up in the hospital over dehydration. I have tried to use the Sea Sick Bands and they didn't seem to work. Any advice would be great!

Thanks!

My friend was prescribed diclectin when she was pregnant a couple years ago , not sure if that's the same or not but it helped her !

Diclectin (Canada) / Diclegis (US) would be the first thing to try. It's been used for years and it's safe in the first tri. You can also try taking Unisom and vitamin B6 over the counter for the same active ingredients.

What are the bad things you heard about Zofran? I believe it is known to increase certain fetal abnormalities if you take it early in pregnancy, so if that's what you're referring to, then that's right. But if it's something about the experience of taking Zofran, maybe I can help ease your mind, because I just started taking it and it's awesome. :)

I took maxalon ( not sure if that's spelt right ) with my 1st two boys it helped a little with the nausea during the day but i still threw up. And it actually made my ms worse with my 3rd? Go figure. Ginger is a natural product you can try you can get over the counter pills with ginger in them for ms. Also drinking a ginger drink or ginger biscuit before getting out of bed can help.
Unfortunately for me nothing worked an i just had to wait it out. I hope you feel better soon. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->