Eye surgery?

maryp0ppins

Reaction score
Anyone had lasir eye surgery done? Care to share your experience with me? I have a consultation on the 13 of august and if all goes well and I'm a candidate I think I'll go for it!

I had mine done over a year ago!! I love it so much! I can see 20/20 - no need for contacts and glasses!! I highly recommend it! Hardly had any type of pain - recovery was quite easy - was extremely surprised! I did follow the doctors instructions to a T - as i didn't want to hurt my vision :) Good luck!!

Went for it two years ago. Wasn't painful or anything, just the smell of your own eye burning was a little off putting but it was one of the best decisions I've ever made in my life. The only downside is that both my eyes get very dry sometimes, so I have have to put eyedrops.

I had extremely poor eyesight (-6.75R and -7.25L) with mild astigmatism. I have worn glasses/contact lenses since I was about 9 years old.

My prescription made it very expensive but my god it was one of the best things I have ever done. I kind of looked at it this way - glasses/contact lenses/solutions/checkups were not cheap, and this would eventually pay for itself. Plus just the ability to go to the toilet at night without putting glasses on or fumbling around banging into things. I am 20/20 in my right eye, 20/15 in my left (better than 20/20!!) I didn't have any side effects apart from it took me a month to have my eyes back to their normal wetness (extreme dryness at night)

I would do it again in a heartbeat! xxx

My friend had hers done a couple of years ago but the treatment does not guarantee you perfect vision for ever - her eyesight has failed slightly now.

I had mine done 4 years ago and was really happy with the results. Ok it was uncomfortable for a day or so but Just being able to see the clock in the morning was amazing! It did deteriorate a little afterthe first year or so, so I went back to them. I had a top up last year - it was free as I went for the place that does free lifetime aftercare and I've had no problems since. In fact I have just had a normal optician appt and itwas a nil prescription - I haven't had that since I was a baby!!

Thanks all for your responses. I know they will try to sell me themlst expensive package, if anybody doesn't min answering, how much did it cost you in the end? Both my eyes are -4.00 so I'm not expecting the £395 per eye like they always advertise (I'm sure nobody gets it for this price!!) but I really don't want to spend more than £1500-1800,am I being realistic?

I think mine was about £2000 for both eyes, (total price) and I had the manual cut in the cornea (you could have it done by laser for £300 more each eye :/ ) I also had the interest free payment option for 2 years - makes it a lot easier to pay.

Some people don't like the thought of a blade by their eye but the information I was given was it was no higher risk than the laser cut (I had mine done at Optical Express)

I think £1500 is a realistic price; depending on if you have astigmatism, other factors etc. I had my surgery almost 2 years ago now. Don't be forced into buying a package the same day if you want to think about it or get a second opinion! xx

thanks so much! I am going to optical express for my consultation. I wanted my boyfriend to come with me but I really am only available on saturdays and he plays in a sat football league and won't miss a match. Crossing my fingers I can have it done!

Fingers crossed for you that you get good news! Like I said, just get all of the facts and know that they WILL want you to sign up on the day for a package but don't be pressured if you want to talk it over with your boyfriend. They wanted me to sign up immediately because an offer was ending the next day (supposedly), however I told them that I don't spend £2000 without consulting my husband first! Suddenly they were able to extend the offer. So while I was extremely happy with my results, I think they used high pressure sales tactics (at the time), and a surgery is something that shouldn't be taken lightheartedly.

Interestingly enough, I remember watching a watchdog programme on places that offer eye surgery 'starting at £395/eye'. They sent a woman into all of the major providers here in the UK (and an independent one on Harley St) and in all of the cases, despite having a very mild/non complicated prescription, she didn't qualify for the low rate in any of the shops. I think they found out that something like less than 3% of people eligible for the surgery to begin with get the advertised rate. I think advertising groups wanted places to have to change their advertising campaigns but I still hear it advertised at 'starting at £395/eye' all of the time.

Good luck!! I still maintain it was one of the best things I have ever done and I would spend that money again in a heartbeat xx :)

It was (after the deposit) I took a loan for £1700 with 2 yr to pay it off,although I'm going to try and pay it off within a year, I just didn't want to commit to payments of of nearly £200 a month and then possibly struggle or incur a fine if I wasn't able to payit. Hope that made sense lol! I am also saving money by getting the scalpel at the beginning like you mentioned above.

Good plan - it's best to have the 2 year thing, esp. if it's interest free. As you said, you can pay it off early but you don't have the commitment of a large payment every month

I would do the manual cut again. There was zero pain with that anyways. Good luck!! :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->