Eyesight nearly gone in one of my eyes....

How he spoke to you is disgusting!! I think you should defiantly go to your GP, there is obviously something wrong x x

That is sooo bad hun, you should definitely complain to the company. If you get no joy write to head office.

Did they :
1 check what u could see. ie get you to read letters of a chart.
2 see if it improved by putting different lenses in front of your eye.
3. check round the edges of your vision - use a machine that flashed little lights & you said how many you saw/ pressed a button evey time you saw it flash.

4 when he got up close did he shine a light in your eye and get you to look uo, down left right.

BTW there is an alternative way to do this so as they are not in your face.

Do you mind me asking where it was that you went to & if you paid or if you get sight test on NHS?

I can put some feelers out on the professional site & the works intranet to find a proper & decent optician for you to see, otherwise it may be worth while going to see your GP.

I really wished i was closer and could see you myself. Is it still getting worse hun?

He asked me to read letters off the chart and he shone the light in but didnt ask me to look up, down left right etc.

I went to a place near me and I didnt pay as Im on tax credits.

Ive got another appointment booked in a week or so's time so just got to wait and see I guess. Going to my OHs optician this time.

xxx

When you go for your next test either don't tell them about last test, or explain that your sight has got worse since last one as you are only allowed 1 test every 2 years.

If you are unhappy about the test you can also complain to your local PCT. Has the practise responded to your complaint yet?

I hope you get a better test next time and they get to the bottom of your problem. If your still not happy get your GP to refer you to an opthalmologist.

I really can't believe what a d**K your previous optician was. Peple like that make me mad. There are many good opticians about, and ppl like that give us a abd reputation.

:hug::hug::hug:. hope you get sorted soon.
file:///F:/Optician & OT Articles/Posterior Segment/Optician Articles/ARMD.odt

How is your eyesight today hun? I've been so worried about you.

I have just seen this Linzi!!!!

Are you ok has it got better?

:hug:

I have just noticed this, how is your eye now hun ?? xx

Sending hugs & hope you get answers soon :hugs: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member