Face Masks

LynAnne

Mum to 2 Boys
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any good face masks at a cheap to reasonable price? Just wondering what ones you use. My skin is looking pretty dull and with summer around the corner I'm getting tired of wearing make up.

I use Superdrugs range. I had low expectations for them given that they are so cheap (3 for £2) but they were awesome and definitely made a difference to my skin. The exfoliating ones are good, but i'd stay away from the peel off ones because it hurts to remove them and they don't make much difference in my opinion.

This one is my favourite :)

You can make homemade facial masks. You can cut the cost, have bigger portions, and know for sure what was used in the product.

Imbalanced complexions -
5 tbsp. organic honey
2 tsp. organic apple cider vinegar
½ c. organic ground oatmeal

Just mix the ingredients together until you get a smooth and creamy consistency. Wash your face and then apply. Make sure to scrub gently to exfoliate your skin and then allow it to dry. Once dry wash it off with warm water.

Cranberry Scrub -
1 tsp. local honey
¼ tsp. freshly ground cinnamon
3 drops rose water
4 whole cranberries
1 tsp. cornmeal

Mix ingredients together with a blender (except for cornmeal) and keep going until it reaches a paste like form. Stir in cornmeal and apply to face using circular motions. Leave the mask on for 10-15 minutes and then wipe it off with a warm rag and water.

Zit Zapper-

cotton swab
hydrogen peroxide
½ oz. powered oatmeal
½ T. fresh lemon juice
¼ c. egg whites
3 drops honey

First you dab the hydrogen peroxide on a cotton ball and apply it to your infected areas if you have any, it keeps the infection from spreading when applying this mask. Mix ingredients together well, apply to your face, and let it sit for 20 minutes. Wash it off with water. You can store the leftover facial mask up to a week in the fridge.

Sugar Honey Pecan Scrub-
2 oz. crushed pecans
2 oz. brown sugar
1 tbsp. almond oil
1 tsp. honey
2-3 drops lavender, rosemary, or citrus oil for scent

Crush the pecans and then put into a bowl and blend with sugar. Stir in almond oil and honey but if you want a more gentle scrub then you can use white sugar. Add the oil for smell and then wet your face and massage onto your skin moving your fingers in circles. Rinse with water and apply moisturizer after.

Strawberry Lemon Peel-
1 buff puff
6 wild strawberries (or other grainy fruit such as kiwi)
1 liter sparkling water
1 6 oz. serving of plain, natural yogurt
¼ of a lemon

Warm your skin by washing your face with a rag that is giving off steam. Gently crush strawberries onto buff puff and, after testing on a small area of your arm, massage into the face for 30 seconds (microdermabrasion). Rinse liberally with sparkling water. Mix the yogurt and lemon juice and slap a thick layer onto face for five minutes (fruit acid peel). Rinse with warm tap water and apply a gentle moisturizer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->